9 months ago
When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of UTC Aerospace Systems. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us.
Every second a plane takes off with UTC Aerospace Systems equipment onboard. From space exploration and defense to today’s more electric, more intelligent, more integrated aircraft – our systems make modern flight possible. And by “make it possible,” we mean: we start it, power it, control it, ventilate it, quiet it, land it, stop it and monitor it. We have more than 41,000 employees across 150 countries working at the forefront of technological innovation. Thanks to their efforts, our global reach and our market-leading position, we do big things no one else can do.
Today, the fully integrated landing systems we design, test and manufacture help millions of passengers reach their destinations safely. But we aren’t satisfied with today’s success. Our global Landing Systems team is committed to continuous improvement – we work hard to make our solutions lighter-weight, stronger and more technically advanced, so that plane travel can be safer, more affordable and more sustainable in the years to come. We are looking for the best and brightest to fly and land with us!
The high quality products we design, produce and service in our Interiors, Actuation and Propeller Systems (IAPS) business allow both passengers and crew members to have a more comfortable experience and greater piece of mind during flight. From lighting and actuation systems to propellers, evacuation systems and seating - what we design and manufacture works together behind the scenes to enhance the overall flight experience. We delight our customers with superior products and best-in-class customer service, yet passengers don't even know we're there - and that's how we like it!
The procurement associate will be the primary point of contact for all issues related to delivery of product, and is the focal point person responsible for supplier interface. The associate will work closely with the procurement execution team to ensure alignment at the supplier and commodity level. The procurement team is responsible for all relevant metrics and closure of all potential risks to delivery, being accountable for third-party logistics, promise dating, shipping & receiving monitoring, and level 2 escalated expediting.
* Manage 3rd-party logistic providers related to warehousing and distribution centers, material handling, and inventory locations.
* Manage Delivery Assurance System and Command Center. Pivot point for escalation process. Monitor issue resolution and follow-up with action owners.
* Raise awareness of situations in which suppliers are late in delivery and parts must be purchased and shipped on short notice, requiring managerial approval. Remedy situations using root-cause analysis, corrective action, and mitigation plans.
* Respond rapidly to urgent quality issues occurring within the supply base, on-site at supplier.
* Monitor and verify supplier promise dates entered into supplier portal are present, accurate, and within demand confines, and follow-up communications with escalation as necessary.
* Evaluate and disposition identified instances of Quality Nonconformance; identify RCCA as necessary.
* Monitor shipments of parts from supplier and receipts on docks, including loading plans and monitoring the carrier selection, transportation method, and managing in-transit issues.
* Monitor and manage the status and expected delivery dates of inbound parts from suppliers, including promise date validation, evaluation of potential lateness of parts, data completeness reporting, and follow-up communications with escalation.
* Process expedited orders, whether due to new business requirements inside normal procurement horizon or movement of demand requirements.
* Manage required paperwork and documentation for country-specific import and export requirements (e.g., ITAR, EAR).
* Manage delivery schedule changes and exceptions, including re-prioritizing deliveries and necessary load distribution.
* Adhere to all federal, state and local laws and UTAS rules and codes of conduct.
* Office environment or office environment on production floor.
* Occasionally in production area requiring safety glasses.
* Extended periods of sitting at a workstation and utilizing a computer keyboard, mouse and monitor.
* Performs other duties as required.
* Understanding of the basics of supply chain management, including inventory management, manufacturing resources planning (MRP), demand planning, and capacity management, to get the right materials to the right place, at the right time.
* Understanding of ACE operating system and process improvement tools (e.g. standard work, value stream management, passport process, quality clinic process charts, relentless root cause analysis, 5S).
* Understanding of manufacturing methods, special processes, blueprints and quality requirements. Apply insights to supply chain functions, including but not limited to strategic sourcing, new product introduction, continuous improvement, quality management and issue resolution, etc.
* Ability to collect, aggregate, match, and consolidate data while ensuring quality, consistency and accuracy. Package information into an easily digestible and understandable presentation format.
* Ability to apply financial and accounting concepts (e.g. cost & pricing analysis, value engineering, net present value, should-cost, purchase price variation, standard setting, and basic financial models) to improve budget management, increase potential profits, and assess the financial viability of projects and other activities.
* Meet or exceed stakeholder time, cost, and functionality needs and expectations from a project. Identify key stakeholders, develop success criteria, define measurable metrics, create resource plan, identify risks and constraints, and identify the critical path of scope, time and budget.
* Champions actions to exceed current and future internal/external customer needs.
* Determines alternative solutions to problems, evaluates courses of actions, and reaches sound business decisions.
* Drives obligations to closure with precision to benefit the organization and every constituent.
Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
* Associate's Degree or 3+ years experience in lieu of degree
* Bachelor's degree w/0-2+ years preferred
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.