7 months ago
This is an exciting opportunity for a high performing Procurement Agent/Buyer to join our Boeing Defense, Space and Security (BDS) team in Huntsville, Alabama.
* Integrates program, customer, product and in-service strategies into source selection, negotiation and contracting strategies.
* Leads evaluation, negotiation and creation of complex procurement contracts, products, and services.
* Develops and implements contract/subcontract management plans for new business acquisition.
* Develops solutions to a variety of problems of complex scope and complexity.
* Refers to policies, procedures, and practices for guidance.
* Provides direction to suppliers to improve performance and ensure contractual requirements are met.
* Manages supplier performance and relationships.
* Identifies and mitigates risks and issues with suppliers by determining root cause and developing corrective action.
* Utilizes data for source selection of suppliers based on ratings.
* Documents portfolios by using clear and concise reasoning with effective writing.
* Works under minimal supervision and exercises considerable latitude in determining objectives and approaches.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Relocation Assistance Available
No. Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit.
This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
More than 10 years of Procurement experience.
Experience in Supplier Management/ Procurement as a Purchasing Agent or Buyer.
More than 10 years of experience with cost proposal preparation on government contracts.
Experience leading supplier contract negotiations.
More than 10 years of experience drafting and negotiating contracts and sub-contracts.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
* Experience working on a Truth in Negotiations Act (TINA) compliant proposal.
* More than 10 years of experience working with U.S. Department of Defense contracts.
* More than 10 years of experience with FAR (Federal Acquisition Regulations).
* Experience in administrating Cost Reimbursable purchase contracts.
* Experience negotiating non-competitive, government procurements that exceed the Truth In Negotiations Act (TINA) threshold.
Typical Education /Experience:
Bachelor's degree and typically 15 or more years' related work experience, a Master's degree and typically 13 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Contingent Upon Program Award