about 1 year ago
The Procurement Agent plans and develops bidder lists, prepares requests for proposals, reviews supplier proposals, selects qualified sources, prepares purchase contracts, and provides guidance to less experienced agents. Serves as a focal point between organizations and suppliers to communicate, clarify and resolve procurement problems and issues.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
1. Independently commit the company by planning and authorizing purchase contracts, contract changes and other procurement instruments having signatory authority.
2. Lead procurement team and managing the total procurement effort for assigned projects/programs, including directing such tasks as fact finding, price and cost analysis, source selection, negotiations, and bidder briefings and debriefings.
3. Lead on-site audits and supplier assessments as necessary to qualify, evaluate and develop suppliers.
4. Improve supplier performance by monitoring cost, quality, and schedule compliance; initiating and implementing appropriate action to resolve problems; and, mediating conflicts and establish resolution with customers and suppliers.
5. Manage procurement packages by gaining a thorough understanding of supplier-customer relationships; by developing a working knowledge of own organization’s relationships with other HAECO organizations; and, by developing and implementing and authorizing actions to incorporate with other functional disciplines.
6. Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of procurement basics, ethical business conduct, legal principles, and protection of HAECO, supplier and customer proprietary data by complying with company policies, procedures and accepted business practices.
7. Maintain contractual integrity of procurement packages by reviewing, determining and incorporating appropriate State and Federal regulations, contract flow-down requirements, and other special terms and conditions peculiar to individual contracts types.
8. Develop other procurement team members by providing guidance on technical procurement issues.
9. Foster increased productivity and advancement opportunities by personal commitment to professional development and by practicing continuous improvement of processes.
10. Support Corporate goals for small business/small disadvantaged business by promoting the use of qualified sources and by seeking, encouraging and assisting new candidates to become qualified.
1. Four year college degree or equivalent work experience as a Procurement Agent.
2. Three years procurement experience leading to a solid understanding of the organization’s processes and product flow, the ability to interpret engineering data where applicable and a demonstrated ability to make quick and accurate decisions.
3. Proficient in MS Office software applications.
4. Good written and oral communication skills and the traits of an effective team member.
5. Good organizational skills and the ability to prioritize work and accurately perform duties.
6. Must have independent problem solving skills and the discipline to persevere until problems are solved.
7. International and domestic travel required, up to 20%.
8. Read, write, speak and understand the English language.
9. Willingness to continue personal growth and development.