12 months ago
Boeing Defense, Space & Security (BDS) has an opportunity for entry level Procurement Agents to join the Supplier Management team.
The successful candidate will support procurement activities for BDS products and services. This exciting entry level role is fast paced and provides a unique opportunity to learn about and support the Boeing business from a variety of areas. You will build a foundation of skills, experiences and partnerships necessary to develop and pursue more complex Supplier Management opportunities across the Boeing enterprise.
Some of the day to day responsibilities include:
- Assists with continuous review and analysis of demand and supply. Supports the sourcing strategies, negotiations and documenting of contracts and agreements.
- Gathers data for supplier performance evaluation and improvement opportunities.
- Negotiates and contracts for products, services and technologies.
- Engages stakeholders to ensure that program, customer, product and in-service strategies are integrated into source selection, negotiation and contracting strategies.
- Prepares and executes negotiated contractual documents and binding agreements.
- Optimizes execution of the supply chain balancing inventory, supply orders and schedule demand.
- Manages supplier/subcontractor performance and relationship to ensure delivery, quality, financial stability and in-service performance.
- Initiates supplier improvement activities and provides results for integration into contracting strategies.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Relocation Assistance Available
No. Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit.
Basic Qualifications (Required):
- A Bachelor's degree is required, preferably with a focus in Supply Chain, Business or other related studies.
- Proficiency and experience working with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) is required.
- Communication skills and customer focus are critical to be successful in the role.
- Experience working in a customer facing environment. (customer facing includes regular, face to face and/or virtual
interactions with a customer base)
- Demonstrated experience working in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment is highly desired.
- Experience or coursework in Supply Chain or Supplier Management
- Prior experience with procurement activities such as: interacting with suppliers, conducting supply chain management activities, negotiating contracts and data analytics familiarity.
- Previous experience implementing process and/or strategy improvements and an applied understanding of Lean
- Ability to be self-directed in work and/or previous experience in a self-directed role.
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Contingent Upon Program Award