4 months ago
When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of UTC Aerospace Systems. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us.
You probably never think about it, but the engines on an aircraft need to be housed in safe, aerodynamic structures called “nacelles.” UTC Aerospace Systems’ Aerostructures business is a world leader in nacelle technology, which leads to better fuel efficiency, less engine noise and critical stopping power when the airplane lands. Today, our innovative nacelle systems are featured on many of the world’s newest and most game-changing airplane platforms. And we’re not stopping there: we’re working hard to create the next generation of nacelles that are greener, quieter and more efficient. In addition, our Engineered Polymer Products division is a leading developer and manufacturer of advanced, high-performance composite structures and products for marine applications. Whether in the air or underwater, we’re pushing the limits of innovation. Want to join us on this important journey?
Process Technicians (Sealers) mix and apply sealants, primers, cleaners and adhesives according to blue print specifications, assembly shop orders or production requests.
You will perform routine and repetitive operations and processes to aid assembly and fabrication of sheet metal aircraft parts while working in a team environment.
As a Process Technician, you will be contributing to the final repair of these parts for our customers, thus helping UTC Aerospace Systems to maintain its standing as one of the largest global suppliers of technologically advanced aerospace and industrial products.
In this role you will:
* Stir mixture with shaker machine or mix by hand.
* Apply cleaning solvent or other solution to interior and exterior surfaces.
* Clean and roughen the surface of object to be coated.
* Apply spray release to component or sealing material on coated surface for further protection.
* Completes seal and water testing of components.
* Install foam pockets, seal caps or Velcro.
* Install and seal small detail parts or small sub-assemblies.
* Dispose of hazardous material.
* Mask area for application.
* Mix and delivers sealants to specified areas.
* Maintain inventory of chemicals and paints.
* Maintain fasteners point of use (POU) & calibration of tools.
* Participate in area organization and cleaning activities.
* Make placards for cataloging of chemicals.
* Obtain tools and /or material from US Tool, delivers to mechanic.
* Perform all other duties as assigned
In this role, you will also be required to ...
* Maintain focus regarding safety, quality and productivity.
* Work cooperatively with supervisors, co-workers, customers, and others in a team environment displaying mutual trust and respect.
* Be regular and predictable in attendance.
* Bend, stoop, stand, kneel for 8+ hours per day and life 35+ pounds repetitively and up to 50 pounds occasionally with or without accommodation and meet other physical requirements based on a medical screening following post offer.
* Use Personal Protective Equipment (PPE): safety glasses with side shields, hearing protection, and other PPE as needed for 8+ hours per day.
* Read, interpret and comply with policies, applicable regulatory, safety and company rules and requirements, operating instructions, procedures and governmental regulations.
* Apply your excellent time, priority and stress management skills in a fast paced environment meeting deadlines while maintaining a customer-oriented demeanor.
* Work independently and accept the responsibility for own quality and work assignments.
* Be self-directed & action oriented with the ability to work with minimal supervision and resolve most questions and problems.
* Work with chemicals.
* Operate forklift and overhead crane (will be trained).
* Wear a respirator & SARS suit as required.
* Wear gloves (rubber or latex).
* Sensory Requirements are close vision, color vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
* At least 18 years of age or older.
* Willing to relocate to Foley, Alabama: no relocation or interview travel reimbursement available
* Read, write, speak and understand work instructions both verbal and written, perform basic math calculations and conduct self-inspection / audit.
* Ability to work varying shifts, including but not limited to nights, weekends, holidays, rotating shifts, and overtime as required.
* Must pass a Powered Industrial Vehicle (PIV) Exam. Reference: UTAS EH&S ECCN:EAR99
* Prior Aerospace component manufacturing experience
* Prior experience in mixing and / or applying sealant in manufacturing environment
Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
* High School Diploma/GED or equivalent.
* Position requires successful completion of pre-employment assessment
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.