6 months ago
Work assignment for Process Mechanic – Painter:
- Layout and paint lettering, pictures and background with or without aids.
- Fabricate stencils, mix paints, layout and apply stripes, layout and apply insignias.
- Setup and operate all power assisted and power operated benders.
- Form and modify various types of tubes on all types of tube bending equipment.
- Layout and mark finish trim on tubing.
- Square, burr, identify, mask, cap, preserve, apply color codes, cut, bend, route and install to determine size and shape of tubing, cables and hose working to aircraft and aircraft mock-ups.
- Cut, bend, flare and bead tubings; cut and swage cable; cut and assemble hose fittings; test cable, hose and tubing. Layout, spray paint and apply finish coats on exterior surface of completed aircraft and major assemblies.
- Blend, apply stripes and bands; apply insignia and lettering with aids such as templates, stencils and silk screens.
- Polish completed aircraft and major assemblies. Mix and apply paint, sealers and fillers.
Other Job Related Information:
Process Mechanics may also be required to perform the duties of the following job classifications: Welder Production, Sheet Metal Fabricator, Painter Sign, Mechanic Tube and Cable, Painter Spray, Plater Precision, Operator Chemical Processor, Operator Nameplate Processing, and Machine and Hand Sewer.
Individual job duties may include:
Setup and operate tungsten, arc, gas, and metal inert gas welding equipment to weld metals such as steel alloys, titanium, aluminum, magnesium using A.C. and D.C. equipment and accessories. Fabricate sheet metal parts using a variety of tools. Layout, setup and operate power roll, power shears, power brakes, metal disintegrator, punch presses, circular and band saws, shaper, routers and accessories. Perform such work as blanking, forming, bending, piercing, perforating, punching, flanging, slotting, and hot forming on various parts. Form regular and irregular shapes and contours.
Hand route and drill parts and hand form parts. Tap, ream, grind, assemble, fit, setup and alignment of parts in jigs or fixtures preparatory to welding. Work on parts where established tooling or methods may not be available. Cut, drill, burr, file, trim, sand, clean, polish, identify and finish form simple parts.
Mask, wire or otherwise prepare and/or clean parts. Load, unload, control and operate electrolytic and chemical plating equipment and accessories. Program and perform new operations and record data for future runs. Use hand and power tools, equipment and measuring instruments such as wrenches, pliers, oven, ammeter, voltmeters, rules, scales, hydrometers and micrometers. Prepare work, clean parts, load and unload tanks, rinse, dry, buff or polish as directed. Add dry chemicals to maintain solution as directed. Setup, load and operate cranes. Control and operate electrochemical and chemical metal cleaning, treating and caustic etching processes. Calculate chemical milling rate and determine process time required to chemical mill parts. Chemically mill parts. Operate ion exchanges, pumps, ovens, degreasers and impregnators. Insert and remove parts from cleaning solutions for cleaning process. Unwrap, sort, load and transport preparatory to electrochemical and chemical cleaning and treating processes. Clean or otherwise prepare parts to be chemically milled. Chemically mill parts by inserting and removing parts from chemical milling. Prepare and apply coatings to materials for nameplates. Prepare materials for chemical etching and coating. Touch up any imperfections in coatings before or during the chemical etching process. Lay out, cut, trim and sew coverings.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Relocation Assistance Available
No. Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit.
Basic Qualifications (Requirements):
- Minimum 1 year experience spray painting (on the job or in an educational environment)
- Aircraft or auto body painting experience
- Technical degree
- Painting Prep-work including sanding and masking
- Five (5) Years minimum related experience.
- High school graduate or GED preferred.
New Hires, as well as employees who transfer from non-union positions, may be required to attend some type of training upon their start. Once any required training has been completed all new employees will be considered on probation for a period of forty (40) working days. Continued employment is contingent upon successful completion of any required training and the probationary period. This is an hourly position governed by the IAM Collective Bargaining agreement.
This position will be first or second shift. Candidates must be able to work any shift, as assigned.
This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
Contingent Upon Program Award