11 months ago
Process Manager – Aircraft Group Machine Shop
There is an opening within the Aircraft Group (East Aurora) for a Process Manager to support Machine Shop Operations. This position will be filled at a salary level dependent upon the selected candidate’s education and experience as it relates to the position.
Within the Aircraft Sector operating model, the Process Manager is responsible for managing resources, budgets, assets and coordinating process improvement initiatives in a complex Machine Shop environment. The Process Manager will be expected to
• Create an environment of mutual trust and support by encouraging employee participation and building team unity
• Analyze workforce utilization, facility layout and operational data, such as production costs, process flow and production schedules to determine efficient utilization of individuals and equipment
• Recommend methods for improving employee efficiency and reducing waste of materials and utilities (such as restructuring job duties, reorganizing work flow, relocating work stations and equipment and purchase of equipment)
• Confer with management and engineering staff to implement plans and recommendations
• Drive process improvements in all areas of Machine Shop
• Participate and lead continuous improvement activities using lean techniques, such as Kaizen events, Kanban, 5S, root cause analysis, manufacturing cells, etc.
• Recruit employees, assigning, directing and evaluating their work, and overseeing the development of staff
• Provide and train backup staff, perform cross-training and work cooperatively across the site in resource management.
The Process Manager must have a Bachelor’s Degree in engineering or technical discipline.
The position requires at least five years of manufacturing/engineering experience, demonstrating progressive responsibility into management. Experience will include progressive growth/responsibilities related to implementing continuous improvement activities utilizing lean techniques, process improvement and variation reduction. Additionally, experience will include setting goals and objectives and developing methods to improve quality and productivity in a low volume, high mix complex Machine Shop environment.
EOE/AA Minority/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Female/Disability/Veteran