5 months ago
Process Improvement Project Engineer
Design solutions to drive safe living and quality of life
This position is for a Principal Project Engineer on the SATCOM team within the Services and Connectivity (S&C) Engineering organization, part of the Honeywell Connected Enterprise (HCE), Connected Aerospace (CA) team. The Principal Project Engineer will be responsible for leading a rotational team of engineers in defining, building, planning and deploying new HCE CA processes. The key goal of the processes defined will be to accelerate certified product development within HCE by removing/tailoring unneeded steps and optimizing the processes that currently exists within the Aerospace Quality Management System (QMS). The focus of these processes will initially be in the certified products domain (SATCOM and Antenna products).
You will have a background in engineering process development, with the following strong knowledge of Project Engineering (PE) skills.
Provides leadership and oversight for process development sprints where the majority of the work is performed by a rotational team of functional engineers and technical specialists from multiple teams / locations. Handling cost, schedule and technical aspects of the effort, including detailed program work scope, schedule landmarks, staffing, and budget.
Work with partners including customers, marketing, suppliers, and program management to ensure defined processes meet their needs.
Setting program commitments and priorities with functional focals, holding them accountable for their performance.
The Honeywell building is a controlled goods program environment. You must be eligible for CGP clearance.
Prepare and complete action plans
Determine system improvement
YOU MUST HAVE
* Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Electrical, Computer Science or Avionics preferred) or Bachelor’s degree in a Business related discipline
* Minimum 7 years in engineering with strong emphasis on process development.
* Working knowledge of overall engineering disciplines – hardware, software, systems development for the product line highly desired
* Knowledge of SATCOM systems is desired
* Experience with Project scheduling tools essential
* Excellent leadership and management skills Excellent customer interface skills
* Excellent communications skills; both to employees and to management
* Very knowledgeable in the areas of cost, schedule, and resource management preferred
* Previous experience in leading aircraft certifications is helpful
* Lean Experience preferred.
Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities under the Ontario Human
How Honeywell is Connecting the World
* Continued Professional Development
* * ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
* Job ID: HRD50510
* Category: Engineering
* Location: 400 Maple Grove Road, Kanata, ON K2V 1B8 CAN
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.