3 months ago
UTC Aerospace Systems is one of the world's largest suppliers of technologically advanced aerospace and defense products. We design, manufacture and service systems and components and provide integrated solutions for commercial, regional, business and military aircraft, helicopters and other platforms. We are also a major supplier to international space programs.
Sensors & Integrated Systems (SIS), a business unit of UTC Aerospace Systems, provides cutting-edge sensors and sensor-based systems for the commercial aerospace, ground vehicle and defense industries including electronic flight bags, air data systems, ice detection and protection systems, fire protection systems, fuel measurement and management systems, guidance navigation and control systems, health and usage management systems, rescue hoists, mission data recorders, and sensing suites for aircraft engines.
The Principle Systems engineer will lead the design, development and integration of various product lines within the SIS SAIS product portfolio following the UTAS Product Introduction (UPI) process. This role will be responsible for system architecture, requirements, modeling & analysis, and verification to ensure robust systems development. The principle systems engineer will participate and lead integrated product teams (IPT) and interface with other systems engineers, electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, software engineering, engineering management, program management, business development and customers.
Key responsibilities may include some or all of the following:
* Develop and implement system design best practices, processes and procedures within the Standard Work framework.
* Lead and/or perform system architecture trade studies.
* Flow down and track customer and system specifications to systems, electrical, mechanical, and software detail specifications.
* Lead and/or support development of electrical, mechanical, and software specifications based on system simulation and top-level requirements.
* Oversee and manage requirements tracking and validation.
* Work collaboratively with other Engineering disciplines, Programs, Operations, Quality and Supply Chain to achieve optimal design solutions.
* Participate in the proposal process to develop and review cost estimates and proposals packages where Systems engineering resources are required.
* Lead project teams of various disciplines to achieve system design goals.
* Provide technical collaboration, leadership and mentorship to our multi-discipline engineering team.
* Drive new product development and program execution.
* Support the Business Development organization in new business pursuits, including customer technical visits, preparation of RFI responses, and responsibility for preparation of technical proposals.
* Champion superior ethical and professional behavior in all situations.
* Develop structural health algorithms for aircraft applications using guided elastic wave measurements.
* Aerospace development: experience in all phases of the product design, requirements development, system integration, validation and verification process
* Experience with structural health technologies, especially ultrasonic techniques.
* Knowledge of relative merits of competing structural health technologies used in aerospace applications.
* Applicable industry, military and commercial standards such as DO-178B/C, DO-160, ARP4754A
* Familiar with Risk Management Processes
* Ability to work across the organization and various disciplines including Engineering, Quality and Operations.
* Experience leading diverse technical teams
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Strong process skills and familiarity with ACE
* Strong process skills and familiarity with ACE, Lean Six Sigma, or Total Quality Management
* BS degree in Engineering w/ 15+ years of related project/systems engineering experience.
* MS degree in Engineering w/10+ years of related project/systems engineering experience.
* PhD degree in Engineering w/4-7+ years of related project/systems engineering experience.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.