7 months ago
Principle Eng, Thermoplastics M&P
Business Unit UTC Aerospace Systems
Job ID 58456BR Date posted 12/21/City Chula Vista
The Principle Eng, Thermoplastics will be responsible for:
1) Coordination of Engineering Development, Qualification and Certification of nacelle structural thermoplastic composite materials & processes for product improvements and new programs. This includes all aspects of coordinating the materials & processes development, qualification and/or certification test project, such as materials & process down-selection, test plans, schedule input, budget input, problem solving, data analysis (inlcuding design properties), materials & processes specification creation (including qualification and acceptance values), reporting of technical status/results and production implementation support.
2) Interacting between Engineering groups (programs, chief engineer office, aftermarket, manufacturing/operations, supply chain, test labs, team members (including Project Engineers), suppliers and customers); ensuring on-time and quality excecution of materials & process project tasks and deliverables.
3) Data reduction and analysis for final test reports and specifications for both materials & processes (including design properties and qualification/acceptance values)
- Strong Knowledge of aerospace structural thermoplastic composite materials, processes, test methods and manufacturing procedures
- Knowledge of composite material & processing specifications for Aerospace industry a plus.
- Knowledge of Engineering drawings & Design tools such as Catia (or equivalent) and statistical data analysis methods a plus
- Must possess excellent MS Office Skills, especially Excel, with statistical data analysis software familiarity a plus.
- Solid materials & test problem solving skills
- Important to work well in a team environment at all levels of the organization with demonstrated team leader skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Technical Writing a plus
- Understanding of LEAN/Continuous Improvement a plus
- Current US Citizen or Green Card Holder required
Education: BS in Aerospace, Mechanical, Material or Chemical Engineering with 10+ years of relevant experience, or MS in Mechanical, Aerospace, Material or Chemical Engineering with 7+ years of relevant experience, or Ph.D in Mechanical, Aerospace, Material or Chemical Engineering with 4+ years of experience.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.