2 months ago
Principal Technical Professional - Mechanical - 1078185
KBR COMPANY INFORMATION
When you become part of the KBR team, your opportunities are endless. As a leading global engineering, construction, and services company, we support the hydrocarbon and government services markets on six continents. Serving our customers through diverse business units, we offer challenging assignments on some of the world's largest and most complex projects where our customers have come to value us, because they know We Deliver.
With operations in 40 countries, KBR has more than 25,800 people delivering services to customers in over 80 countries. Together they represent an unmatched reservoir of talent and experience in a wide range of markets.
Join us and you'll be part of a dynamic, elite team of professionals who understand what it takes to get a job done and has the experience, knowledge and determination to succeed.
KBR offers a selection of competitive lifestyle benefits which could include a 401K plan with company match, medical, dental, vision, life insurance, AD&D, flexible spending account, disability, paid time off, or flexible work schedule. We support career advancement through professional training and development.
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
PRINCIPAL TECHNICAL PROFESSIONAL – MECHANICAL – STATIC EQUIPMENT
Under general supervision, the Principal Technical Professional – Mechanical Engineer independently applies advanced engineering techniques, makes decisions on engineering problems and methods, and represents the organization in conferences to resolve important questions or to negotiate with key engineers and officials of other organizations. She/he provides technical guidance to designers and less experienced engineers and is consulted extensively by associates and others with a high degree of reliance placed on scientific interpretations and advice.
This position is located at a client site in New Martinsville, WV. No Per Diem will be offered.
· Responsible for design, specification, selection and services relating to mechanical equipment such as rotating machinery, pressure vessels, atmospheric storage tanks, fired and unfired heat transfer equipment, utility equipment, packaged units, material handling and solids processing systems.
· May also include design, specification, selection and services of mechanical systems for buildings such as gases, fluids, and heating, ventilating, air conditioning and vertical transportation.
· Assist in conducting Mechanical reviews of all project packages prior to RFC to ensure that quality procedures were followed
· Incumbent will take direction from Client Mechanical Discipline Lead
· Responsibilities include but are not limited to developing specifications that will be used to obtain budgetary quotes for static equipment
· Review and challenge the mechanical technical concept on projects
· Communicate information to clients and project team
· Ensure completed design is functional, maintainable and designed with safety and that all applicable codes have been followed and maintained
· Minimum 10 years of applicable industry mechanical engineering experience within the chemical and industrial industry
· Good understanding of pressure vessel and tank design and associated industry design codes
· Experience in Microsoft (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc...) is required.
· Ability to communicate written and verbally to clients and project teams
· Work is located at a chemical plant and requires exposure to ambient temperature extremes
· Work may require using and wearing personal protective equipment such as fire retardant clothing, hearing and eye protection, hard hat and steel-toed boots
· Day-to-day physical requirements involve standard office activities including sitting/standing for extended periods of time, attending meetings, use of keyboard and mouse repetitively, lifting and carrying less than 20 lbs frequently, etc
· Work requires moderate physical exertion including walking to operating areas and walking up stairs
o May require walking the plant property
- US-US-WV-New Martinsville