3 months ago
Requisition ID: 6382
Want to work with some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation and integrity? Want to be a part of a company that has been named numerous times as America's Best Employer in Aerospace and Defense by Forbes magazine?
Then Rockwell Collins is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
We are currently searching for a Principal Systems Engineer - Navigation to join our team in Cedar Rapids, IA (1000). A comprehensive relocation package is available for qualified candidates. Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Rockwell Collins as the place to build a rewarding career, while helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It's an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Rockwell Collins.
Rockwell Collins is looking for a Principal Systems Engineer with a passion for engineering and the desire to be part of an innovative, dedicated team responsible for designing, developing, our next generation of industry-leading navigation products. The candidate will work with customers, engineering management, program management, technical engineering leads and developers for hardware, software and firmware, production, and subcontractors to provide solutions and support for both domestic and international customers. We are seeking individuals with the technical and leadership skills to help enhance navigation solutions for both new and established products and systems. Relocation to Cedar Rapids is required. Relocation assistance is available for qualified candidates.
The candidate must have a demonstrated understanding of the systems engineering development process and have the capability to act as a systems architect to develop our next generation of navigation products. Key responsibilities could include: assessment of market needs and operational concepts, system and subsystem requirements analysis, definition, and validation; systems and subsystems design architecture, integration and verification testing; leading or supporting technical collaboration among systems, hardware and software design functions; resolution of technical problems that cross functional domain areas of hardware/software and development of systems related documentation.
Candidates must have the following skills:
* Must possess or be eligible to obtain and maintain a U.S. DOD Secret Clearance. U.S. Citizenship is required. Candidate selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements.
* Bachelor's degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline
* Ability to act as an architect of complex systems
* Demonstrated ability to plan project level work and meet schedule, cost, and performance goals
* Experience with Simulink/Matlab
* Demonstrated knowledge or experience in system requirements capture, design, and decomposition ability
* Understanding of system validation and verification processes for technical product development with the ability to generate test descriptions and perform systems evaluation and testing of product systems.
* Significant knowledge of navigation engineering fundamentals in embedded system architectures/designs, GPS functional component blocks, performance specifications and test methodologies
* Understanding of system validation and verification processes with the ability to generate test descriptions and perform systems evaluation and testing of navigation systems.
* Ability to effectively manage program technical risks by evaluating requirements and design aspects.
* Ability to effectively interact with Engineering Management, Engineering Developers, Program Management, Business Development, and Finance.
* Understanding of manufacturing build, test, quality and customer acceptance review processes
* Strong oral and written communication skills
* Ability to represent system engineering at internal and external customer meetings
* Serve as liaison between functional discipline groups as well as internal and external customers
* Able to support occasional travel to domestic and international locations.
* Demonstrated program pursuit and capture ability (concept development, writing and costing)
* Familiarity with military concepts of operations
* Domain knowledge of commercial and/or military GPS protocols
* Acquainted with GPS related performance standards (military, commercial, FAA)
* User of systems engineering tools for requirements capture, behavioral modeling/simulation (e.g. UML modeling with use-cases and sequence diagrams), peer reviews, configuration and change management
* Digital signal processing (DSP) experience
At Rockwell Collins, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Rockwell Collins University, networking, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement.
And that's just for starters.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
Medical, dental, and vision insurance
Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
Company-paid winter holiday shutdown for most locations
Generous 401(k) plan that matches 62.5 percent of the first 8 percent of eligible compensation you contribute (or 5 percent if you save 8 percent)
An Incentive Pay Plan based upon company performance
Interested yet? Apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.