8 months ago
We at ISR & Space Systems are world leaders in high altitude electro-optical sensors, employed by the U.S. and foreign military in time critical intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance operations. Our passion for supporting the Warfighters and their mission demands excellence in everything we do, from the talent we recruit to the highly-engineered systems we deliver. We value people, integrity, ideas and performance.
This position offers an exciting opportunity to grow technically and broaden capabilities while proudly contributing to unique state of the art solutions that truly make a difference.
* Create innovative technology solutions to diverse, complex problems associated with sensor design, integration, processing and operationalization of cutting edge remote sensing information. Directs/performs technical system-level trade studies and system performance analysis.
* Supports technical issues and details as required by the program, customer, partners and regulatory agencies
* Provide technical leadership for design, development, system integration, and system architecture. Leads product engineering and development activities to ensure all system requirements are met.
* Drives product technical execution and decision-making. Ensures the development and maintenance of technical risk analysis methods and gap closure plans.
* Ensures overall product integration
* Supports definition of program schedule
* Collaborates and coordinates across the ISR Systems enterprise to ensure that technologies, operational experience, and technical vision are leveraged
* Candidate must have 10-15 years’ experience with Systems Engineering
* Leading the systems engineering effort in a technical capacity on projects with significant scope and complexity
* Strong system design and performance analysis; system engineering with an understanding of requirements generation and product/project prioritization, aerospace and defense industry
* Experience in technical management, technical leadership of a multifaceted engineering team.
* Due to the programs/ projects this position requires the candidate to be a US Citizen.
* Candidate must have a Current TS
* Up to 15% travel
* Experience with military and/or law enforcement aircraft systems is preferred.
* Additional experience with remote sensing systems is preferred.
* Experience in DOORS preferred.
* Ability to facilitate communications between engineers in multiple disciplines
* Strong customer focus
* Able to communicate well at many levels
* Effective in a collaborative team environment
* BS degree is required in (Aerospace Engineering, Systems Engineering, Engineering Physics, or Physics) (or related field); Master’s degree preferred
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.