about 1 year ago
Founded in 1918, Parker Hannifin Corporation is an $11 billion, global company.
With annual sales of $11 billion in fiscal year 2016, Parker Hannifin is the world's leading diversified manufacturer of motion and control technologies and systems, providing precision-engineered solutions for a wide variety of mobile, industrial and aerospace markets. The company has operations in 50 countries around the world. Parker has increased its annual dividends paid to shareholders for 60 consecutive fiscal years, among the top five longest-running dividend-increase records in the S&P 500 index.
Parker’s engineering expertise and broad range of core technologies uniquely positions the company to solve some of the world’s greatest engineering challenges. By partnering with customers, Parker improves their productivity and profitability and seeks new ways to solve humanity's biggest challenges.
Principal Stress/FEM Engineer
As part of our Analytical Sciences team, you will be involved in structural analyses for a broad spectrum of aircraft and industrial components and systems. Our team operates in an analysis services based environment serving many of our Parker Aerospace and some of our Parker Hannifin industrial divisions. You will execute and participate in projects as analyst and team player by leveraging your extensive technical expertise and tool knowledge in basic and advanced Stress/FEM analysis.
Scope/Supervision and Interaction:
____ Has Direct Reports _X__ Does Not Have Direct Reports
Provides technical oversight or direction. May have customer interface to clarify and resolve specific technical issues.
• Develops or participates in the development of project objectives and plan by reviewing technical requirements (e.g. technical and commercial project proposals; customer statements of work) and conferring with team members and management, as applicable.
• Ensures assigned projects and tasks meet schedule/cost commitments and
• Communicates and coordinates effectively with team members and internal customers to reach agreement on specific technical issues.
• Maintains frequent formal and informal customer interface to present project status.
• Evaluates project specifications/proposals by studying product or system design and customer technical program requirements (including performance, service and support, and data requirements).
• Identifies and manages (or supports management of) risks related to project cost and schedule.
• Adjusts project plan by reviewing any changes in technical requirements or specifications and recommends actions to achieve milestones. Controls and manages project costs.
• Ensures consistent engineering standards, processes, and documentation methods are used in project deliverables.
• Establishes and maintains engineering history files, project files, and related information to provide archive of technical project activities.
• Provides input and/or acts as supplemental reviewer of technical project work prepared by others (e.g. stress analysis reports and procedures, and related test plans) by applying scientific and engineering principles and sound technical
Job Requirements: Qualifications:
• Bachelor degree (BS) Mechanical Engineering (or Professional Engineer (PE) certificate) in engineering or a science technical discipline; Master’s degree (MS) or PhD. preferred.
• Demonstrated ability to perform the essential functions of the job typically acquired through 10-12 years of related experience.
• Has thorough in-depth knowledge of stress/FEM analysis of aerospace structures/components and related principles, industry practices, concepts, techniques, government regulations, and policies.
• Fully versed in linear static, nonlinear static, modal, harmonic, random vibration, frequency response, transient response, impact analysis, fatigue and fracture mechanics analyses.
• Experienced user of ANSYS Workbench (lmpliciUExplicit), ANSYS Mechanical APDL, LS-DYNA and CATIA v.15. Familiarity with NASGRO is a plus.
• Experience in composite and FRP (Fiber Reinforced Plastic) materials and ability to apply broad knowledge of other related engineering or scientific fields to area of expertise is a plus.
• Excellent team player and effective communicator. Makes effective presentations on complex topics to customers, and/or other key stakeholders. Proficient with software and specialized data analysis and design tools.
• Ability to manage multiple project deliverables simultaneously, and provide technical direction to the team, customers, or suppliers at project milestones. Ability to respond to significant inquiries from customers or other internal teams.
• Experienced in technical writing, reviewing and checking analysis work.
• Ability to demonstrate excellent customer service, with a customer satisfaction oriented mind set.
The essential functions have been provided as examples of the type of work performed by employees assigned to this job classification. The Company reserves the right to modify the work assignments and/or to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified employees can perform the essential functions. The job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities. It is intended to describe the general nature of the position.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Parker is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Parker is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job related reasons regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. U.S. Citizenship/Permanent Resident is required for most positions.
Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/VEVRAA Federal Contractor