6 months ago
Requisition ID: 8230
Want to work with some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation and integrity? Want to be a part of a company that has been named numerous times as America's Best Employer in Aerospace and Defense by Forbes magazine?
Then Rockwell Collins is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
We are currently searching for a Principal Software Engineer (Java) - Air Combat Training to join our team in Cedar Rapids, IA (1000). A comprehensive relocation package is available for qualified candidates. Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Rockwell Collins as the place to build a rewarding career, while helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It's an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Rockwell Collins.
"I feel the need...the need for speed!" If you like the movie “Top Gun”, you will love the Rockwell Collins Test and Training Instrumentation (T&TI) Engineering Department, and the opportunities we have for you to develop our military's future Air Combat Training (ACT) system with us.
Rockwell Collins (NYSE: COL) is a pioneer in the development and deployment of innovative communication solutions for government applications. The T&TI Engineering Department develops state-of-the-art test and training range products for cryptographic, datalink, networking, and command and control applications. We specialize in the development of high quality, highly secure training solutions for the U.S. military, laying the foundation for Live Virtual Constructive (LVC) capabilities. T&TI Engineering is responsible for all product line and engineering tasks related to the design, analysis, test and certification of ACT systems (just like Top Gun), maturing products from concept phase through accreditation and factory production.
The T&TI Software Development Engineering team is looking for a dynamic Principal Software Engineer. The candidate will provide technical expertise and leadership of the full software development life cycle on a software development team with the responsibility of developing clean sheet Enterprise software from design through software unit test. The candidate will interpret software requirements and translate these artifacts into well-formed software design. The candidate will lead and mentor software team members creating the software design utilizing both written descriptions and Unified Modeling Language diagrams. The candidate will be expected to make design trade-offs, defend design decisions, and ensure the production of high quality code within budget and schedule. The candidate will ensure fulfillment of requirements via adherence to a well-defined software process and by following stringent coding standards.
* Bachelor's degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline
* U.S. Citizenship
* Candidate must hold a current U.S. DoD SECRET Security Clearance or be eligible to obtain a U.S. DoD SECRET Security Clearance.
* Scalable software development experience (Java, OSGi) (4+ years)
* Experience developing SW Apps in a Linux environment (3+ years)
* Solid understanding and development of IP based application software including application gateways
* Experience following a well-defined software development process (4+ years)
* Configuration management tools and processes experience
* JavaFX, Eclipse, and Rich Client Platform (RCP/RAP) experience
* Graphical User Interface (GUI) design experience
* Experience with Application development using Web based technologies and frameworks, client side and server side (DHTML, HTML5, CSS, Ajax)
* OOA/D architectures and design patterns experience
* Experience providing technical leadership to a development team
* UML, Enterprise Architect experience
* Multi-threaded applications experience
* XML suite
* Experience working with ALM tool suite – JIRA, Confluence, FishEye, Crucible, Bamboo.
* Understanding of FACE (Future Airborne Capability Environment) or similar open systems standards
* Experience investigating problems to the root cause and then championing the creation and implementation of corrective actions
* Experience in developing products for military applications meeting government security or safety standards
* Background and/or knowledge of range test and training systems
* Knowledge and cognizance of Live Virtual Constructive concepts
At Rockwell Collins, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Rockwell Collins University, networking, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement.
And that's just for starters.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
Medical, dental, and vision insurance
Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
Company-paid winter holiday shutdown for most locations
Generous 401(k) plan that matches 62.5 percent of the first 8 percent of eligible compensation you contribute (or 5 percent if you save 8 percent)
An Incentive Pay Plan based upon company performance
Interested yet? Apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.