6 months ago
Requisition ID: 8686
Want to work with some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation and integrity? Want to be a part of a company that has been named numerous times as America's Best Employer in Aerospace and Defense by Forbes magazine?
Then Rockwell Collins is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
We are currently searching for a Principal Software Engineer - G6 to join our team in Richardson, TX (1060). A comprehensive relocation package is available for qualified candidates. Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Rockwell Collins as the place to build a rewarding career, while helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It's an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Rockwell Collins.
Rockwell Collins is a pioneer in the design, production and support of innovative solutions for our
customers in aerospace and defense. Our expertise in flight deck avionics, cabin electronics, mission
communications, information management, and simulation and training is strengthened by our global
service and support network that spans 27 countries. Working together, our global team of 30,000
employees shares a vision to create the most trusted source of communication and aviation electronics
solutions, applying both insight and foresight to help our customers succeed.
Rockwell Collins is currently seeking qualified candidates for Principal Software Engineering positions to
support airborne platforms and ground based systems across multiple programs. This opportunity
requires an individual who can perform a number of key software lifecycle development activities,
including the design, development and the integration testing of mission systems software. The
candidate should be self-motivated and willing to work in a fast paced environment as part of a dynamic
and growing software development team. Additionally, the candidate should be experienced with common
software engineering tools and practices.
* Expert knowledge: Product domain and systems across Business Unit.
* Serve as a software architect to capture, analyze, decompose, translate and create requirements for systems of high complexity including clean sheet designs. Collaborate with systems engineers to develop functional, interface and performance specifications for software implementation. Identify and document architecturally significant requirements and technical risk areas. Drive understanding of competitive offerings, technology roadmaps, customer needs and product improvement.
* Mentors product development teams in utilization of the appropriate RC processes and tools during all stages of development.
* Capable to lead and develop engineering estimates for Rough Order of Magnitude (ROM) and Bid proposals, using applicable enterprise estimation tools, for multiple component systems involving interaction of software in multiple system deliverables.
* Capable to serve as software lead in integration, verification and validation for products and sub-systems of high complexity including clean sheet designs.
* Mentors teams on the design, coding, testing, integration and documentation of complex software. Drives needed changes to internal processes and tools for software development to increase productivity or quality.
* Responsible for technical details of software designs, ensuring they meet the expectations of the customer.
* Capable to lead or review technical proposal preparations and participate as a subject matter expert in internal peer and design reviews, non-advocate, and customer reviews. Assure that development products are designed to meet the applicable RCI, Business Unit, and Customer/Project requirements.
* Develop and/or utilize prognostic metrics to drive efficient software design & development. Review metrics and software performance trends, identify systemic root causes and process improvements, and recommend new approaches, tools, techniques that drive continuous improvements in software development processes.
* Considered an expert on company, industry practices and standards. Be aware of emerging industry trends relative to operating systems, processors, modeling, simulation and development platforms. Lead Continuous Improvement projects that result in new approaches and techniques to product development. Identify gaps in technical knowledge, create training to close gaps.
* Able to communicate complicated and detailed technical topics to a wide range of audiences and be able to tailor the message appropriately.
* Individual job duties may vary.
Candidates must have the following experience:
- US Citizenship
- Must possess a DoD Secret Clearance
- Bachelor's degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math (STEM) discipline
- Real time embedded programming experience
- C/C++ programming experience
- Target based debugging experience
- Well-disciplined in software engineering processes and methodologies
- Well-disciplined in configuration management practices
- Demonstrated commitment to software quality including software peer reviews
- Proficiency in industry standard software development tools (such as Subversion, Enterprise
Architect, No Magic Cameo, GDB, or equivalents)
The following experience is desirable:
- Experience performing static and dynamic code analysis
- RTOS and/or BSP integration
- GreenHills INTEGRITY, LynxOS, or similar RTOS
- Familiar with simulation and emulation techniques
- Developing software for military applications and/or experience of working government programs
- Familiarity with Model-Based Systems engineering
- Object oriented design and UML modelling
- Requirements capture, decomposition, and traceability
- Agile software development
- Knowledge of RTCA DO-178 guidelines
- Knowledge of IEEE 12207 Software Lifecycle Processes
Candidates should possess the following attributes:
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Drive and self-motivation
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and to learn quickly as part of a growing team
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Disciplined approach to developing high quality software
At Rockwell Collins, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Rockwell Collins University, networking, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement.
And that's just for starters.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
Medical, dental, and vision insurance
Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
Company-paid winter holiday shutdown for most locations
Generous 401(k) plan that matches 62.5 percent of the first 8 percent of eligible compensation you contribute (or 5 percent if you save 8 percent)
An Incentive Pay Plan based upon company performance
Interested yet? Apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.