about 1 year ago
Principal Software Engineer
Business Unit UTC Aerospace Systems
Job ID 37834BR Date posted 12/01/City Hood River
Country United States
UTC Aerospace Systems TASE Imaging Systems are the Preferred Tactical ISR Solution, providing superior image quality and offer the lowest size, weight and power (SWaP) requirement in the industry. Proven in the harshest environments our payloads have flown hundreds of thousands of hours of unmanned and manned in theater military operations, public safety missions and commercial surveillance projects.
Located in the naturally beautiful Columbia River Gorge in Hood River, Oregon, we work in a hotbed of the unmanned aircraft industry consisting of dozens of partners and competitors. Our products are the full motion video systems in stabilized gimbals that provide intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance in military, civil, and commercial markets on unmanned and manned aircraft, as well as ground and marine vehicles.
Work-life balance is a big deal here, where outdoor activities such as wind surfing, kite sailing, sailing, skiing, boating, hiking, camping, mountain biking, and mountain climbing are often the water cooler topics, along with the state-of-the-art EO and IR sensor technologies, lenses, the latest magic in video DSP, tracking and object recognition, and high-end motion control and stabilization.
The Sr. Software Engineer gets to immerse him/herself in this environment and work with the best in the industry. You get to develop embedded and PC application software solutions for multiple product lines while working as a member of a tightly integrated cross-functional product team. You get to learn from the best and find your unique “go to person” contributions. You will be valued and not be pigeon-holed into maintenance-only work or even the same design work over and over again. You will be challenged and you will grow. You will produce cool products that are made right here, that you can see, work, and touch.
Qualification: Required experience/qualifications:
* Excellent oral and written English communication skills
* Strong problem-solving abilities
* Experience in object oriented design
* Experience with C and C++
* Experience with efficient real time embedded systems software development
* Experience with working on and debugging real hardware
* Experience with testing and validation
Desired experience with:
* Microsoft Visual Studio
* GNU tools (gcc, gdb, etc.)
* Qt application framework (Windows and Linux)
* Freescale iMX6, Motorola 555 or 565, Xilinx FPGAs incl MicroBlaze
* ARM Advanced SIMD (NEON) optimization
* Video processing algorithms, bit-level processing, GStreamer
* TCP/IP and UDP protocols
* Multi-threading (Windows and Linux)
* Abstract data structures
* SVN, Github
* Common communications protocols (UART, SPI, I2C, CAN, USB)
* H.264/H.265 video and MPEG-2 transport streams
* MISB standards
* Embedded Linux platforms
* Advanced motion control systems
* Full motion video (FMV) tracking and object recognition
* Inertial Measurement Unit (IMU)
* Inertial Navigation Systems (INS)
* Global Positioning Systems (GPS)
* Geographical Information Systems (GIS)
* GIS mapping formats
* Web Map Systems
U.S. Citizenship required with the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance
Education: Education: BS degree w/8+years’ experience, MA/MS degree w/6+ years’ experience, PhD degree w/5+ years’ experience.
Typical Disciplines: Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Engineering Physics, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, or Physics.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.