8 months ago
Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Purpose of Position
This position provides the technical leadership/direction to plan, develop and implement manufacturing concepts and processes throughout the global footprint. Technical expertise at a corporate level is necessary to support new plant/product/process start-ups around the world and continuous improvement activities at existing manufacturing facilities. This position is specifically responsible for the finishing processes used in bearing manufacturing.
2 openings exist, each with a different area of specialty:
* Superfinishing and mass finishing processes
* Centerless grinding
1. TECHNICAL SUPPORT – Apply advanced technical knowledge in bearing manufacturing finishing processes such as grinding, hard turning and superfinishing, providing subject matter expertise in the respective area of specialty as mentioned above. This includes leading and/or supporting equipment rebuilds/upgrades/runoff, installations, debug, startups, troubleshooting, as well as defining specifications for new equipment. Knowledge of grinding cycle design and optimization, technical support/problem-solving through process development, process modeling, and data analysis skills including process capability study analysis. Make technical recommendations for manufacturing solutions throughout the global business. Develop strong technical relationships with peers at the global plant sites and focus on knowledge transfer to them.
2. TECHNICAL STRATEGY – Assist in technical strategy development for deployment of bearing manufacturing processes.
3. CAPITAL PROJECTS - Technically lead and support capital investment efforts required for Timken’s business growth initiatives globally. This includes project leadership, specification/selection of new assets or upgrades in technology to existing equipment, asset implementation into the plant’s site, and delivery of a total process technology package to the plants. This also includes creation of Appropriation Requisitions (AR’s) including basic business case analysis, cost tracking/forecasting of spending, and timely completion of projects within budget.
4. PRODUCT/PROCESS RATIONALIZATION – Execute analysis to support global product/process rationalization efforts. Perform manufacturing process benchmarking analysis and manufacturing cost comparisons across the Large Bore manufacturing plants.
5. PROJECT MANAGEMENT – Utilize project management tools for key departmental projects including project and resource planning, and implement corrective actions when necessary to assure timely completion.
6. CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT - Technically support continuous improvement projects throughout the global business related to manufacturing processes to increase throughput, improve quality, reduce costs, and enhance safety, etc. Provide an environment and process for CI activities within the business by working with the manufacturing plant teams to identify CI solutions, and then follow through with implementation support and evaluation.
7. TRAVEL – International and domestic travel is required, averaging 25% of the time.
Technical/Functional Skills Required
* Advanced technical manufacturing process experience, including area of specialty
* Expertise in finishing processes such as grinding, hard turning and superfinishing
* Knowledge of tooling design and consumables used in the different bearing manufacturing processes
* Strong understanding of design for manufacturability
* Proven ability to influence internal and external customers
* Demonstrated project management skills
* Strong analytical and variance analysis/root cause analysis
* Strong communication skills/team player
* Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering and 7 years of relevant experience in the respective area of specialty as mentioned above, or
* Master’s degree in Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering and 5 years of relevant experience in the respective area of specialty as mentioned above.
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.