12 days ago
We at ISR & Space Systems are world leaders in high altitude electro-optical sensors, employed by the U.S. and foreign military for time critical Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR) operations. Our passion for supporting the Warfighters and their mission demands excellence in everything we do, from the talent we recruit to the highly-engineered systems we deliver. We value people, integrity, ideas and performance.
The Information and Intelligence group within the Engineering department is seeking a Principal Engineer to function as the technical lead for our Image Science team. The optimal candidate would have deep knowledge of image processing algorithms, with supporting multi-disciplinary knowledge of the components of the imaging system that contribute to image properties (optics, focal planes, etc.) to not only drive sensor to image product chain, but also post-processing for the automated extraction and fusion of information from the imagery. Strong background in mathematics is desired. This position offers an exciting opportunity to grow technically and broaden capabilities while proudly contributing to unique state of the art solutions that truly make a difference.
Candidates must be a US Citizen. They must be willing to be submitted for a US Government security clearance and able to obtain that clearance.
* Be a subject matter expert for Image Science
* Be the technical lead for a strong team of image scientists with diverse backgrounds
* Coordinate with Software and Intel & Analysis teams to ensure Image Science solutions are implemented and tested sufficiently and meet customer needs
* Work with internal and external customers on technical challenges
* Work with Discipline Chief to bring to bear latest developments in image processing and information extraction
* Prototype image processing and image quality analysis functions
* Analyze and model imaging systems, performance and quality
* Collaborate on multi-disciplinary teams to devise leading edge sensor solutions
* Write and encourage robust, maintainable documentation
* At Least 10 + years of experience with a Bachelor’s of Science
* At Least 7 + years of experience with an advanced degree
* Experience with Image Processing
* Design, documentation and Product Development Life Cycle experience
* Experience with prototyping languages such as Matlab, Python or IDL
* Experience with DOD
* Experience with either airborne or satellite ISR sensors
* Experience with Machine / Deep Learning
* Experience with ATRs / Target Tracking integration
* Experience with Autonomy and Analytics
* Experience with technical leadership of small teams
* Excellent writing and verbal skills
* Ability to convey complex concepts simply and concisely
* Ability to positively contribute in a team environment
* Some travel may be required
* Ability to obtain a US Government clearance
Education: BS / MA is required – (in Imaging Science, Physics, Mathematics, Optics, Electrical Engineering or related field is preferred)
MS/MA is preferred
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.