9 months ago
Requisition ID: 4362
Want to work with some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation and integrity? Want to be a part of a company that has been named numerous times as America's Best Employer in Aerospace and Defense by Forbes magazine?
Then Rockwell Collins is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
We are currently searching for a Principal Government Compliance Analyst to join our team in Cedar Rapids, IA (1000). A comprehensive relocation package is available for qualified candidates. Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Rockwell Collins as the place to build a rewarding career, while helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It's an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Rockwell Collins.
As our Lead Government Financial Compliance Analyst, you will be part of a team responsible for facilitating business with the U.S. Government by supporting the company's compliance with government financial regulations. This includes regular interface with a broad finance network at all levels and organizations within the company as well as direct interaction with government oversight agency representatives. Working in a dynamic environment, the team partners with the business to enable strategies which maximize cost recovery, limit regulatory burden, and demonstrate an unwavering commitment to compliance.
The Lead Analyst serves as a company subject matter expert in the Cost Accounting Standards (CAS), Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) Parts 30 and 31, and related sections of the Defense Federal Acquisition Regulations Supplement (DFARS). Along with this technical expertise, the successful candidate displays strong personal leadership, critical thinking skills, and business acumen.
This position is located in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. A comprehensive relocation package is available to qualified applicants.
* Research compliance issues, interpret regulations (CAS and FAR), and provide recommendations to leadership to resolve issues.
* Monitor changes in regulations and participate in proactively developing strategies to comply.
* Review company policies and procedures for compliance with CAS, FAR, and disclosed practices.
* Provide expert CAS and FAR advice to colleagues, especially as it relates to cost allocation and allowability.
* Support Business Systems audits and interpretation of relevant regulations.
* Draft responses to alleged non-compliances or audit findings and participate in negotiating resolution.
* Maintain our government contract cost accounting framework, including CASB Disclosure Statements, accounting changes, and related cost impact analyses.
* Support government cost accounting and compliance aspects of acquisitions, divestitures, internal reorganizations, and company initiatives.
* Support other government audits/reviews.
* Mentor less-experienced analysts.
* Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance or in the absence of a degree, eight years of related experience.
* US Citizenship or Permanent Residence (Green Card) is required.
* CAS and FAR expertise with demonstrated ability to reliably research a broad array of government contracting and accounting issues and generate compliant solutions.
* Demonstrated ability to interpret regulations in a manner that maximizes the contractor's position.
* Demonstrated ability to clearly organize and articulate complex regulatory information for the purpose of supporting a position and/or effectively transferring knowledge.
* Knowledge of government oversight agency charters and procedures (Defense Contract Management Agency (DCMA) and Defense Contract Audit Agency (DCAA) preferred); experience maintaining positive working relationships with government employees, including strong negotiation skills.
* Experience successfully supporting or conducting compliance audits by government agencies (DCMA/DCAA preferred)
* Demonstrated leadership of complex cross-functional projects and/or technical processes.
* Demonstrated business focus and partnering skills.
At Rockwell Collins, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Rockwell Collins University, networking, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement.
And that's just for starters.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
Medical, dental, and vision insurance
Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
Company-paid winter holiday shutdown for most locations
Generous 401(k) plan that matches 62.5 percent of the first 8 percent of eligible compensation you contribute (or 5 percent if you save 8 percent)
An Incentive Pay Plan based upon company performance
Interested yet? Apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.