7 months ago
Requisition ID: 9237
Want to work with some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation and integrity? Want to be a part of a company that has been named numerous times as America's Best Employer in Aerospace and Defense by Forbes magazine?
Then Rockwell Collins is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
We are currently searching for a Principal Category Manager to join our team in Cedar Rapids, IA (1000). A comprehensive relocation package is available for qualified candidates. Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Rockwell Collins as the place to build a rewarding career, while helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It's an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Rockwell Collins.
The Category Manager position is responsible in setting the overarching strategy on global sourcing of Direct materials. This position will have a strong focus on market analysis to have an in-depth understanding of the market dynamics, spend, cost drivers, supply base, contract requirements, and product life cycle. This role will establish and align internal and external category expectations and be accountable for the development and management of the long-term category strategy. This position is responsible to engage with Leadership in "should-cost" models, supplier relationships, fair market analysis and document the findings in key deliverables to be communicated and approved by the category stakeholders (and their leadership).
· Contributes to the development of long-term, sustainable sourcing policies and programs.
· Fully understands, can articulate and enact the principles of a strategic category approach. Knowledgeable of the specifics aspects of a range of categories and/or services, both technically and commercially. Assesses appropriate strategies and tailors actions accordingly.
· Is aware of internal procurement and stakeholder processes and is able to identify opportunities for improvement.
· Facilitate collaboration and gain support from internal stakeholders on the long-term category strategy.
· Has a high level understanding of the company corporate policies and compliance and ensures all activity meets the highest ethical standards. Is considered a SME on the knowledge of sourcing and supply chain management principles.
· Has a high level understanding of the current supply base, markets, capabilities, other customers and geographical reach, trends, and dynamics of the marketplace. With support from team, is able to develop category strategy based on market insight.
· Ensures spend data is consolidated and segmented by supplier, category, product/service. Works with cross-functional team to understand where potential opportunities for savings exist. Works with analytics leadership team to ensure all goals between the organizations are met.
· Responsible for meetings/ workshops with key internal customers and/or business functional stakeholders to explore findings and explore ideas for opportunities.
· Develop a profile of the category covering spend, volume, specification, current contractual obligations, supplier, cost drivers, region, brand, and product life cycle.
· Understand the sourcing maturity of the category by analyzing supplier performance/scorecard, compliance, category performance, and supplier management strategy.
· Identify and map out the cost elements and establish the cost breakdown and drivers using the Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) analysis.
· Understands and applies procedures and government regulations.
· Communicates across functions to report risks, issues and performance to plan to stakeholders.
· Maintains working relationships within Global Sourcing. Frequent internal cross-functional interaction and occasional external communications with suppliers. Has expertise in building network with internal and external stakeholders.
· Assess business impact of alternative sourcing strategies and receive stakeholder buy-in.
· Serves as Sourcing focal point for technology teams, stakeholders and other M&S support roles. Demonstrates awareness of stakeholder concerns, objectives and goals.
· Supports category teams and sourcing initiatives.
Bachelor's degree in appropriate discipline or in the absence of a degree six years of related experience.
US Citizenship or Permanent Residence is required. Candidate must have a minimum of 6 years of Supply Chain expereince and a minimum of 4 years experience working with suppliers.
At Rockwell Collins, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Rockwell Collins University, networking, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement.
And that's just for starters.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
Medical, dental, and vision insurance
Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
Company-paid winter holiday shutdown for most locations
Generous 401(k) plan that matches 62.5 percent of the first 8 percent of eligible compensation you contribute (or 5 percent if you save 8 percent)
An Incentive Pay Plan based upon company performance
Interested yet? Apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.