11 months ago
Imagine working alongside people who love tackling difficult and interesting challenges and who respect your contribution to the team.
Imagine an enterprise where a belief in personal accountability continues to drive groundbreaking innovation and global growth.
Imagine working for an organization dedicated to helping you live the life you want—inside and outside of work.
This is the reality of Moog – and you can be part of it.
Moog is a worldwide designer, manufacturer and systems integrator of high performance precision motion and fluid controls systems for a broad range of applications in aerospace, defense, and industrial markets.
The Aircraft Group is looking for a Pricing Supervisor who will plan, organize and direct the Torrance Operations Cost Estimating effort to assure proper program team organization, accuracy of cost estimates used for pricing decisions and the formulation of thorough and competent cost proposals to Aircraft Group customers. The position also has the responsibility for conducting fact-finding, audits and final price negotiations with customer and Government personnel. If this sparked your interest, continue reading…
Nature and Scope of Position
* This position is responsible for managing the cost estimating and pricing activities to ensure customer satisfaction and compliance with procurement requirements/regulations while also protecting Moog’s business, technical and financial interests. This position reports into the Office of Finance, Director of Cost Estimating, Pricing and Negotiations.
* In this role, the Supervisor, Pricing will assist in establishing sound business practices related to the cost estimating, pricing, sale and negotiation for $500M-$600M of Moog products and services annually. This role is key in guiding cost estimating in achieving Aircraft Group financial objectives, maintaining good working relationships with our customers and resolving issues relative to compliance with government procurement regulations. In performing this role, the supervisor will have responsibility for selection, development, training and performance of the site cost estimating and pricing engineers and support staff (2-3 employees).
* This role does have the potential for business travel to other Moog sites and customer facilities for proposal discussions, audits and negotiation.
* This position works closely with the Office of Finance, Sector Management, Regional Sales, Contract Administration, Program Management, Quality, Engineering and other functional groups as required to achieve the Aircraft Group business strategies. This position is a member of the Torrance Leadership Team and works collectively to achieve company goals and objectives.
* BA or BS in Business Administration, financial or engineering discipline preferred
* Minimum of 5-years experience in Cost Estimating or equivalent industry experience.
* Supervisory experience is desirable
* MBA (or equivalent) is desirable
* Knowledge of government and commercial procurement regulations/law
* Proven capabilities in problem solving, negotiation & conflict management
* Ability to foster a cooperative work environment and work effectively across the Aircraft Group organization
* This position requires a high level of human relations and inter-personal skills to successfully influence internal and external decisions
Relocation assistance is available
EOE/AA Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation