6 months ago
* Setting-up and operating a variety of conventional and numerically controlled precision machine tools/equipment such as, lathes, millers, grinders, electro-chemical machines, coordinate measuring inspection machines, precision finishing, special process machinery, etc.
* Performing machine-control offsets/basic NC modifications, to enable the production of products that meet close tolerance limitations.
* Performing intermediate mathematical calculations.
* Using precision inspection tools/equipment, and understanding/interpretation of mechanical blueprints, sketches, engineering specifications, drawings, etc.
* Training duties.
* Performing related environmental, health, safety, maintenance, quality, continuous improvement, and production-flow job duties to support plant machinery, equipment, and manufacturing-related initiatives and programs.
* Maintaining detailed job task documentation, reports, and records.
* Associate’s degree in a technical-related field from an accredited college with a minimum of 1-year of experience in advanced machine tool and equipment manufacturing operations; Or
* Technical Certificate from an accredited educational institution with a minimum of 18-months of experience in advanced machine tool and equipment manufacturing operations; Or
* High school diploma/GED with a minimum of 2-years of experience in advanced machine tool and equipment manufacturing operations.
* Demonstrated proficiency in the set -up and operation of conventional and/or numerically controlled precision manufacturing machine tools and equipment.
* Experience in performing numerically controlled machine off-sets and/or fundamental NC program modifications
* Demonstrated proficiency in mechanical blueprint/drawing/engineering specification reading and interpretation.
* Experience in performing mathematical calculations to include decimals, ratios, and percentages.
* Experience in use of various precision gages, measuring tools and equipment such as, micrometers, dial calipers, height gages, special fixturing, coordinate measuring machine and/or optical comparators.
* Demonstrated use of oral and written communication skills.
* Experience in Lean Six Sigma fundamentals.
* Demonstrated ability in maintaining relationships by recognizing needs and sensitivities of others, and cooperating and resolving conflicts that inspire the Team in achieving objectives and deliverables.
* Demonstrated ability in receiving guidance and supervision, following work rules, safety practices, work procedures; meeting deadlines; and punctuality and attendance standards.
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Locations: United States; New Hampshire; Hooksett
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.