9 months ago
Requisition ID: 2305
Want to work with some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation and integrity? Want to be a part of a company that has been named numerous times as America's Best Employer in Aerospace and Defense by Forbes magazine?
Then Rockwell Collins is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
We are currently searching for a Pr Software Engineer - Aircraft Information Management (Cedar Rapids IA) to join our team in Cedar Rapids, IA (1000). A comprehensive relocation package is available for qualified candidates. Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Rockwell Collins as the place to build a rewarding career, while helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It's an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Rockwell Collins.
Join a dedicated team of engineers working to deliver state-of-the-art information management software on the FOMAX program and help keep airplanes connected!
The position will be part of a cross-functional team developing embedded software for the growing field of aircraft information management solutions. As a Software Engineer in this organization, you will have the opportunity to work on all phases of the software life cycle using Agile software development practices. Your work will contribute to the development of our next generation of connectivity devices for aircraft flown all around the world.
* Lead a team in the design, code, test and ongoing support for embedded Linux software systems to meet technical and customer requirements
* Translate system level requirements into low-level software requirements and software implementation
* Build, test and deliver real-time embedded software to target environments in support of program and customer commitments
* Participate in Design and Code Reviews with other members of the team to identify and eliminate problems early in the development process.
* Mentor teams on the design, coding, testing, integration and documentation of complex software and drives needed changes to internal processes and tools for software development to increase productivity or quality.
This position requires the commitment of professional working hours that may require the employee to extend beyond a typical 7:30 am to 4:30 pm workday, or beyond a 40 hour work week.
* Bachelor's degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline
* Advanced level skills in embedded C++
* Experience in an avionics/aerospace domain environment
Additional experience a plus:
* Development experience on a Linux platform
* Development experience in an Agile environment
* Experience with networking technologies (Wi-Fi and cellular)
At Rockwell Collins, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Rockwell Collins University, networking, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement.
And that's just for starters.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
Medical, dental, and vision insurance
Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
Company-paid winter holiday shutdown for most locations
Generous 401(k) plan that matches 62.5 percent of the first 8 percent of eligible compensation you contribute (or 5 percent if you save 8 percent)
An Incentive Pay Plan based upon company performance
Interested yet? Apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.