7 months ago
Requisition ID: 9220
Want to work with some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation and integrity? Want to be a part of a company that has been named numerous times as America's Best Employer in Aerospace and Defense by Forbes magazine?
Then Rockwell Collins is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
We are currently searching for a Pr Electrical Engineer - Air Combat Training to join our team in Cedar Rapids, IA (1000). A comprehensive relocation package is available for qualified candidates. Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Rockwell Collins as the place to build a rewarding career, while helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It's an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Rockwell Collins.
The TTI Hardware (HW) Systems Engineering team is looking for a dynamic Principal Electrical Engineer to perform product line and design engineering tasks related to the design, analysis, test and certification of ACT systems. This position will primarily focus on project execution with influence into requirements decomposition and architecting the hardware design aspects of the next generation test and training systems for military fighters. Design responsibilities will span across the entire system including both ground and airborne subsystems with a special emphasis on the hardware architecture. Engineering duties will span the entire product lifecycle, from requirements capture and analysis, through design, testing, and factory transition.
* Technically plan, execute, and manage their project tasks to meet or exceed programmatic needs
* Perform autonomously either as the HW Integrated Product Team (IPT) or Project Lead, or under
the direction of the HW IPT/Project Lead, program management, as well as engineering management
* Provide overall technical direction and insight to program leadership on implications of hardware changes to the system
* Able to create and comfortable presenting design architecture, task status, and technical solutions to team members, engineering leadership, and customers
* Develop hardware requirements based on product, system level, and customer requirements and ensure alignment of all stakeholders while leveraging future product line growth
* Design hardware or direct a technical team to meet rigorous military requirements for platform, environment, functionality, cost, and Size, Weight, and Power (SWaP)
* Lead and perform Test and Verification activities to ensure designs meet documented hardware requirements
* Create and execute test procedures to support the qualification of products to government standards
* Champion and lead early project risk identification, mitigation, and escalation
* Adherence to and support of the Rockwell Collins process methodologies while developing and managing commitments to meet project financial and schedule deliverables and quality requirements
* Utilize strong interaction and interpersonal skills to lead and drive teams to success
* Read, understand, and develop metrics to predict execution issues
* Lead their team and work with other team leads to resolve complex issues
This position is located in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. A comprehensive relocation package is available for qualified candidates.
* Must possess or be eligible for obtaining a U.S. DoD Secret Clearance. U.S. Citizenship is required. Candidate selected will be subject to a government security investigation/re-instatement and must meet eligibility requirements.
* Bachelor's degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline is required
* Knowledge of design and development processes with practical experience in multiple phases of the HW lifecycle: requirements, design, development, integration, testing, and validation/verification
* PWB/PCB electrical design including stack-up analysis and routing rules
* Proficiency with timing analysis and signal integrity analysis tools (Mentor Hyperlynx, Quantum SI, or Microwave Office preferred)
* Proficiency with EMI and Signal Integrity design techniques and analysis
* Proficiency with configuration management tools and processes
* Proven technical leadership of technical teams of varying sizes
* Proven experience and success with leading investigations for open ended complex problems
* Understanding of earned value management techniques and philosophy and how it pertains to their project execution
* Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage multiple tasks while balancing priorities and schedules
* Experienced in leading investigations/problem solving to the root cause and then champion the creation and implementation of corrective actions
* Excellent written and verbal communications skills and the ability to work well with others in a professional team environment
* Familiarity or knowledge of Earned Value (EV) management techniques and philosophy
* Highly motivated self-starter with exceptionally strong analytical skills
Top candidates may possess:
* Background and/or knowledge of range test and training systems
* Background and/or knowledge in data links, networking, and interface definition
* Domain expertise in integration of COTS and Custom design hardware, firmware, and software
* Domain expertise in ruggedized electronics design for MIL-STD-810G and MIL-STD-461F requirements
* Factory transition planning and support
* Working knowledge of bidding and project/task estimation (SEER knowledge helpful)
* Proficiency and experience in earned value management techniques and philosophy (functioned as a Project Engineer)
* Experience and background with 8 Step (or equivalent) problem solving techniques
* Experience with Agile development methodology
At Rockwell Collins, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Rockwell Collins University, networking, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement.
And that's just for starters.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
Medical, dental, and vision insurance
Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
Company-paid winter holiday shutdown for most locations
Generous 401(k) plan that matches 62.5 percent of the first 8 percent of eligible compensation you contribute (or 5 percent if you save 8 percent)
An Incentive Pay Plan based upon company performance
Interested yet? Apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.