10 months ago
The Landing Systems business unit located in Miami Gardens, FL has a great mid-level position for a Plater II. The selected individual will perform mechanical blasting functions in order to prepare landing gear parts for induction to the following lines, chrome, nickel, cadmium, and nital, The position is on 3rd shift. Prior to working on 3rd shift, the selected Plater will be required to train on 1st shift for a specified period of time. Individuals with multi-line experience and expertise in chrome is preferred.
Essential responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Perform flash and hard chrome operation and racking of all components for chrome plating as well as bright cad and cad of minor components.
* Prepare parts by masking or stop-off for plating, shotpeening and sandblasting. Wax parts for plating, perform alodine, brush cad, cad strip & passivation.
* Sand blast parts for plating (chrome, nickel, cadmium and nital etch).
* Measure component parts with thickness gauge and measuring instruments on various process lines.
* Perform degrease operation, pre and post plating function for NDT (Non Destructive Testing), machine shop and grind shop.
* Load and unload parts in ovens, documenting time and date of each operation.
* Actively support site EH&S and process improvement initiatives.
This position is considered safety sensitive in accordance with FAA Guidelines. Candidate will be subject to drug and alcohol testing per FAA’s regulation 14 CFR part 120, as well as 49 CFR part 40.
* 2-4 years of Plating experience
* Experience plating large parts is preferred
* Strong focus on quality and quantity of work output
* Must be able to work independently and in a team
* Ability to interpret blueprints/overhaul manuals and adhere to requirements
* Ability to use measuring instruments such as: micrometers, thickness gauge
Education: High School Diploma or Equivalent
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.