3 months ago
When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of UTC Aerospace Systems. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us.
As part of the Sensors & Integrated Systems (SIS) team, you'll help develop the next generation of more intelligent, more integrated and more reliable solutions that enhance aircraft safety and performance in the most rigorous flight conditions. We have 100 years of experience, a phenomenal product portfolio, state-of-the-art test labs and the resources to make your ideas shine.
Responsible for metal finishing of aircraft components to customer specifications and development of work techniques; part fixturing, loading and unloading; tank/chemistry maintenance and associated tooling; participate in lean initiatives (i.e. 5S, TPM, process improvement teams); handle and transport hazardous goods and materials while adhering to all safety policies and procedures.
* Demonstrate proper use of simple hand and machine tools.
* Demonstrate proper use of electrical/mechanical measuring devices.
* Take ownership for accuracy of processes.
* Accurately read and follow procedures, routing and other work instructions.
* Demonstrate ability to perform metal finishing of aircraft components to customer specifications and development of work techniques.
* Perform part fixturing, loading and unloading.
* Perform tank/chemistry maintenance and associated tooling in compliance with company and governmental environmental regulations.
* Handle and transport hazardous goods and materials while adhering to all safety policies and procedures.
* Perform basic analytical activities, i.e. pH and density testing.
* Perform tube fabrication duties as determined by business need
* Responsible for quality.
* Meet customer deadlines.
* Finish parts that meet NADCAP certification process requirements.
* Comply with applicable elements of quality systems.
* Work successfully in a team environment.
* Plan and prioritize work to meet production schedules and quality requirements.
* Coordinate production to meet deadlines and quality requirements.
* Handle multiple tasks.
* Achieve applicable skill/knowledge/certifications for basic processes.
* Request tools and supplies in accordance with project requirements.
* Understand end uses of products being built.
* Interface with other functional groups to update, inform, acknowledge or resolve problems related to business issues.
* Effectively interact with others.
Background check and/or drug screen notification
Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
* Background check required (re-hires who have been gone for <1 year)
* Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
Education: Basic Qualifications
* Ability to read prints and follow assembly instruction.
* Ability to focus on safety and quality is extremely important.
* Must have working experience working on a computer
* Minimum Education Requirement: High School Diploma or equivalent
* 1-2 years Plater experience
* 1-2 years of Production experience
* Work experience as a Machinist is ideal
* Must be able to effectively work in an environment requiring repetitive job responsibilities.
* Must be highly motivated and dedicated to exceed customer expectations.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.