3 months ago
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Looking for a challenge where your experience is valued? Come see what you can achieve as a leader with GE Aviation!
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
The Plant Quality Leader will be involved with the product quality review associated with the manufacturing process. Seasoned and deep understanding of concepts, approaches and methodology used. Deep expertise on the level of a technological field.
Additionally, as the Plant Quality Leader, your responsibilities will include:
* Ownership includes both quality assurance and quality control
* Includes quality assurance of products, services, manufacturing processes
* Includes conformance in manufacturing, incoming goods control, product inspection, witness points, etc.
* Work on complex technological solutions
* Solving issues and developing new solutions require usage of methods and approaches with some precedence
* Has authority in the network of experts and in project teams
* Present product / program strategies, technical roadmaps, risks and recommendations to senior leaders (EB and SEB) across GE. Inputs and influences decisions within own discipline and area
* Communicate recommendations and solutions across direct organization and with cross-functional partner organizations
* Involved in complex decision making sometimes with external parties
* Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college (or a High School Diploma/GED with a minimum of 5 years experience in Production Quality
* Minimum of 5 years of experience in Production Quality
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENT :
* This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment
* Strong oral and written communication skills
* Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
* Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems
* Demonstrated ability to lead programs / projects
* Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs
* Established project management skills
* Is considered a senior and seasoned practitioner
Why join one great company when you can join many? We are more than 280,000 people with jobs that range from biochemist to finance specialist to wind energy engineer. We’re passionate about making life better with new ideas and technologies. We’re diverse, supporting our communities in more than 140 countries. Experience personal growth and competency development as part of the GE team. Around the world, we are helping build the healthcare, transportation and aviation of the new century.
At GE Aviation, we are imagination at work. Whether we’re manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world’s toughest problems. Join us and you’ll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. Here you’ll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it’s the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we’ve got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you’re passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come.
Lynn is the home of the first U.S. jet engine thanks in part to relationships with material science researchers at nearby MIT. This continued relationship allows us to focus on product improvement. GE Aviation still a major employer in Lynn, assembling small commercial, military and marine engines in this Boston suburb. As a result, over 4,200 GE employees now call this historic area "home." Take the MBTA commuter rail into the nearby city of Boston. Several parks including the largest municipal park in New England, as well as the Lynn Beach offer resident relaxation. Learn more about our New England community!
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter: @geconnections
Locations: United States; Massachusetts; Lynn
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.