about 1 year ago
Job ID #: 10801
Location: US - Pennsylvania - Lancaster
Functional Area: Operations
Division: EMG - Specialty Metals
Position Type: Full-Time Regular
Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Experience Required: More than 10 years
Hours of Work:
Travel Percentage: 0
The Company is diversified - geographically, across the durable goods manufacturing sector and industries offering a variety of highly engineered products and services. AMETEK is organized into three business groups: two Electronic Instrumentation Groups and an Electro-mechanical Group. Its strong market position and increasing emphasis on highly differentiated products insulate the Company from significant adverse impact due to variable conditions in local economies or particular industry sectors.
AMETEK’s culture reflects the passion and success of a dynamic, results-oriented organization built upon operational consistency, targeted investment in technology and strong market positions. AMETEK is decentralized but drives accountability, work structure and work style that fits each business. The culture is a team-oriented meritocracy and values candor, openness and continuous improvement. The company is results-driven and is known for its high ethics and integrity. A strong work ethic and a sense of engagement create a culture of shared purpose and connection; it is a down-to-earth, roll-up-the-sleeves environment where people work hard, support each other and are passionate but respectful with each other and their customers.
The AMETEK Hamilton Precision Metals Plant located in Lancaster, PA is a multi-shift unionized manufacturer of custom re-roll precision metal strip and foil, including titanium, nickel and nickel-based alloys, stainless steel and super alloys with applications in medical, aerospace, electronics, process control among others. Markets include medical instrumentation, aerospace technology, computers and electronics and automotive industries.
The Plant Manager will report to the VP Operations for SMP. The position’s direct reports include managers of operations, quality, process and product engineering, equipment engineering and maintenance, HR and EH&S. The plant has a finance team that reports dotted line to the plant manager but hard line the finance organization.
The Plant Manager is accountable to lead and manage all plant operations within Lancaster to deliver predictable, sustained, profitable results consistent with the SMP business plan. Similar to the rest of AMETEK, the BU has tangible near-term growth opportunities which should drive a doubling of revenues over a five year time horizon.
The role is accountable for operations which ensure worker safety, compliance with environmental regulations and the continuous improvement of all operations through process improvements, lean initiatives and individual employee development.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
• Significantly improve safety performance as demonstrated in incident prevention.
• Establish operating management philosophy and practice, with clear expectations, measurable goals, visual management that leads to predictable results.
• Successfully deliver the Plant’s financial targets and operating plan, consistent with the corporate culture which emphasizes accountability and results. This includes meeting revenue, profitability, cost, and return-on-asset metrics, as well as added operating metrics and strategic growth objectives;
• Participate in the renewal of the collective bargaining agreement with the Bakery, Confectionery, Tobacco Workers, and Grain Millers Union
• Ensure that the right people are in place to allow the Plant to operate to its full potential. This will include a thoughtful and objective evaluation of the existing leadership team, the development of team members, and enhancing the team, as appropriate.
The position offers a competitive compensation package, including base salary, annual cash bonus and stock incentives.
AMETEK seeks a proven, highly-motivated Plant leader, with the ability to lead a highly visible Plant and the future potential to assume greater responsibility. Specific experiences required or desired include:
• A metals industry (preferred) Plant background in a custom job shop environment with expertise in the development and production of high tolerance, precision, engineered materials.
• At least 10 years of total business experience with a track record of a succession of more responsible Plant Management roles;
• An undergraduate degree in engineering (highly desired) and an MBA or Masters degree in engineering (highly desired);
• A background with strength in Plant operations and general financial knowledge for asset management, budgeting and profit plan attainment.
• Demonstrated experience with manufacturing resources planning and an integrated capital appropriations/budget plan.
• Hands-on experience with the development and implementation of Lean Initiatives, visual management and shop floor reporting systems.
• Proven verbal and written communication skills to enable the incumbent to provide effective and meaningful presentations to location employees, customers, SMP leadership.
The successful candidate will possess the following key leadership competencies:
• Sound analytic skills and decision-making capabilities; Strong results orientation and execution capability; Excellent strategic thinking and conceptual skills;
• The proven ability to effectively manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment and consistently meet deadlines and achieve desired results;
• Demonstrated ability to lead, motivate and coach people in varying disciplines to achieve performance goals; Solid team building skills;
• Business and financial acumen, including a solid understanding of budgeting and forecasting are essential;
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills; able to communicate as effectively on the shop floor as in the executive suite.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.