* Analyzes production specifications to determine process flows/routings, labour and materiel requirements.
* Plans and schedules workflow according to previously established sequences and lead times.
* Coordinates, monitors and expedites the movement of parts, supplies and materiel within and between cells/business units to ensure that supplies, materiel and products are shipped and received on schedule.
* Revises and reschedules production to compensate for rush order priorities, materiel shortages, vendors' failure to deliver and/or customer priority changes.
* Expedites operations that delay schedules and alters schedules to meet unforeseen conditions.
* Coordinates back-ordered parts list to expedite and secure shipping dates.
* Acts as a liaison between production, purchasing, shipping, receiving and management to procure materiel and ensure a smooth flow of production.
* Advises management of the status of work in progress, materiel availability and routine production problems to ensure that personnel, equipment, materiel and services are provided as needed.
* Prepares and maintains various reports on the progress of work, materiel used, rates of production and other production information, using manual or computerized systems.
* Performs material handling functions.
* Identifies and initiates improvements to production process flows.
* Responsible for observing all applicable safety requirements and reporting immediately any unsafe practices/conditions.
* Carries out special projects as assigned.
* Good planning, organizational, analytical, decision making, interpersonal, negotiation, oral and written communication skills. Required
* Thorough knowledge of production management computer systems is desired
* Working knowledge of PC's in the current company operating system environment. Required
* Ability to lift up to 50 pounds (unassisted) for approximately 25% of the average work day.
* Enrolled in APICS, CPIM, or equivalent program. Desired
* The work requires you to be able to read and understand a Router that details what needs to be completed on each part, the Routers are in English, so reading, understanding, and writing in English is a requirement in order to complete the tasks at hand.
* Experience in production planning and scheduling is desired
* Must be a US Citizen or a US Permanent Resident per ITAR regulations.