about 1 year ago
Job ID #: 10827
Location: US - California - San Diego
Functional Area: Operations
Division: AHV - Power Systems & Instruments
Position Type: Full-Time Regular
Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Experience Required: Not Indicated
Hours of Work:
Travel Percentage: 0
The production planner will be responsible for properly planning and scheduling all work orders to launch sales order demands to the production floor in support of established product lead-times and on time delivery targets. The planner will also be responsible for inventory management of all work in process and finished goods inventories; serving as the primary liaison between production and order administration/sales as well as be responsible for full maintenance of the facility’s MRP and scheduling system.
• Develop and implement the production schedule for the manufacturing work cell, and purchasing function taking into consideration available capacity, material availability, customer order requirements, best production order sequence, and above all, the financial targets established in SIOP for revenue.
• Maintain and prioritize queues within the work cell dispatch center; issuing kit releases in support of build schedules and ensuring proper transfer of completed assemblies from WIP to next level assembly or finished goods.
• Review material/purchase order due dates to ensure late deliveries are expedited in accordance with production schedule requirements. Verify status of components and delinquent material, maintaining shortage records.
• Provide direction to purchasing with regard to part number specific supply chain strategies and urgency.
• Coordinate and expedite the flow of parts, sub-assemblies, and material to work cells to ensure production schedule and customer commitments are met.
• For all functions outside operations, i.e. Sales, Planner is point of contact for all ship schedule status issues.
• Chair daily production status meeting, reporting standard product lead-times.
• Communicate forecast changes or deviations where appropriate to aid in the development or modification of material strategies and procurement plans, which support production plans and schedules.
• Review purchasing and inventory reports including, but not limited to min/max levels, item demand history and usage, reorder points, and two bin kanban sizing; balancing levels against inventory turns and production/customer lead-time requirements.
• Perform rough-cut and detailed capacity plans to identify gaps between forecasted demand and production capabilities.
• Research, analyze and interpret sales, bookings, and backlog data; documenting and reporting status, root-causes, and/or recommended corrective actions to management as necessary.
• Provide input and oversight of routings and planning bills of material (BOMs) in support of material resource planning (MRP) requirements.
• Analyze inventory variances and suggest/follow up on corrective actions to ensure avoidance of stock-outs or excess materials.
• Analyze inventory for slow moving, non-moving, excess or obsolete items and coordinate reduction activities.
• Administer timely disposition of material and implementation of changes according to engineering change orders and end-of-life plans, minimizing exposure to excess and obsolete material.
• Work as team member on continuous improvement projects, including but not limited to visual factory floor controls, 5S, and lean enterprise solutions
• Minimum Education (or substitute experience) required:
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration with an emphasis in planning, manufacturing, production control or related discipline preferred. May substitute five to seven (5-7) years experience in a high tech manufacturing environment in lieu of education.
• Minimum Experience required:
• Three to five (3-5) years experience in manufacturing, production control/planning, materials management or related discipline.
• Skills Required:
• Requires intimate familiarity with material requirement planning tools (MRP) with advanced working knowledge of master scheduling principals and applications; strong understanding of supply chain management concepts including, but not limited to two-bin replenishment models and re-order point models. Understanding and experience with material transactions, including back-flush methodologies preferred. Requires advanced spreadsheet capabilities, including mathematical formulas and functions, and data reporting/charting, with proficient to advanced computer skills in Microsoft Office applications required. Excellent customer service, organization, problem solving, leadership, and communication skills (both written and verbal) are required.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.