3 months ago
When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of UTC Aerospace Systems. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us.
Our Specialty Seating Systems is recognized as a leading designer, developer, and manufacturer of a broad spectrum of aerospace specialty seating products. Our state-of-the-art, 16g dynamically certified cockpit and cabin crew seats, and 30g crashworthy helicopter seats are showcased on commercial, regional, business, and military aircraft for most major OEMs. Our portfolio includes proprietary products designed specifically for Boeing, Airbus, Cessna, and Bombardier, as well as key military OEMs to include Lockheed Martin and Boeing Military. We recruit the best talent and use the best processes to solve some of the industry's greatest challenges - safely, ethically and responsibly. We are looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team. How our people perform is as important as how our products operate.
* The primary focus of this position will include responsibility for planning, scheduling and coordinating the final approval of products through the production cycle.
* Creates and coordinates production plans to ensure that materials are provided accordingly to maintain an accurate production schedule.
* Works closely with Customer Service, Business Development, Operations, Quality Control, and Procurement to manage potential schedule interruptions, reviews back order statuses, and prioritizes production order scheduling / rescheduling.
* Creates, schedules, changes, and tracks work orders for seat production.
* Balances demand from orders received with production capacity.
* Projects quantity and dollar amount of product that will be shipped in current month.
* Communicates jobs requiring quick turnaround to production areas and works with the production area leads to facilitate accurate/timely processing.
* Coordinates activities of others throughout the plant to help alleviate shortages and to meet schedule requirements.
* Researches and resolves issues, questions, or problems that arise to include part shortages, part discrepancies, and Bills of Material (BOM) errors, by communicating with customers and internal personnel to ensure customer satisfaction.
* Works with customers to proactively identify potential problems/concerns in an attempt to better service the customer and improve customer awareness and on-time delivery.
* Provides input and information for strategic parts quantities for business plans and production.
* Determines Kanban, Period of Supply (POS), and min/max levels based on parts supply as needed.
* Works with internal buyers to assure that purchased parts arrive in a timely manner to meet production rates.
* Develops and maintains ownership for customer satisfaction by resolving problem situations and determining root causes, meeting customer request dates, communicating customer requirements fully, and following up to ensure compliance with the request.
* Utilizes all available resources and communicates unsatisfied customer situations to the appropriate management.
* Prepares reports and/or analyses to identify adverse trends and give appropriate recommendations or conclusions to management.
* May deliver various reports to management at Inventory Management, Engineering Change Order, Sales and Operations, Integrated Product Team (IPT), and various other meetings.
* Builds recovery plans and schedules as necessary to recover from adverse trends.
* Maintains accurate, organized, and up to date files.
* Reviews all work orders, checking for accuracy and completeness.
* Processes and distributes work orders to appropriate areas.
* Prepares and adjusts schedules in response to production issues and level loading.
* Follows all 5S protocols allowing for consistent methods for maintaining these files to allow others to locate information in your absence.
* Adheres to all UTC Aerospace Systems rules and codes of conduct.
* At least 2 years of planning/scheduling experience and/or prior experience in production, material control, or Supply Chain of operations.
* Good knowledge of and or experience with planning concepts.
* Previous experience with SAP and/or MRP driven systems preferred
* Knowledgeable about customer products.
* Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office products, in particular Microsoft Excel in order to better utilize information available to help determine forecast quantities, and present schedules and shortages to internal and external customers.
* Strong interpersonal, communication, and problem-solving skills with the ability to compose correspondence.
* Self-directed with an attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize issues towards a singular goal.
* Ability to excel in a high-paced environment
* Good telephone etiquette skills including pleasant voice/manner.
* Champions actions to exceed current and future internal/external customer needs.
* Adjusts personally to high pressure, rapidly changing business conditions and uncertain business environments.
* Drives obligations to closure with precision to benefit the organization and every constituent.
* Due to federal regulation or contracting requirements, this position is only available to U.S. persons.
* Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen
* Associate’s degree with 2 years’ experience
* Bachelor’s degree in a related field preferred.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.