3 months ago
Preparation of work orders and instructions and must understand the scope, application, limitations and references inherent in the applicable approved maintenance program, aircraft work standards, and airworthiness requirements for all of the activity that they prescribe, plan, and enter on work orders. Planners provide process planning, material requirements, labour estimates and tooling requirements for aircraft programs and component manufacture.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
* Plan detail manufacture, process and assembly sequences of production work.
* Play an active role in the staging of work. Involved in detail review and assessment, interdepartmental coordination, issue resolution and deployment of work to the floor.
* Research and review technical data for accuracy and completeness.
* Ensure correct and approved maintenance program data is called out within the Process Planning documentation and that this data is maintained
* Ensure correct product conformance procedures, including the handling of non-conforming material are followed and adequately recorded
* Ensure appropriate level of AMO authority is advised of any deficiency noted in any practice or procedure, which may compromise the airworthiness of an aeronautical product.
* Determine and initiate provisioning requirements for all projects/programs
* Assist Production, Purchasing and Sub-Contractors with technical data interpretation and liaise with the Engineering Department to resolve problems.
* Initiate and action requests for Engineering Services (RES).
* Prepare labour and material cost estimates for proposals and Request For Employees
* Provide guidance and assistance to other personnel as required.
* Additional duties as assigned by supervisor
* Three to five years within an aircraft R&O environment, utilizing commercial and Military Quality Control requirements.
* Three to five years experience as a Planner/Estimator or equivalent job related experience.
* Be a graduate from Community College Technologist Program (Manufacturing, Mechanical, Electrical) ~or~ Be a trade qualified and experienced ex-military aircraft technician (AVN,AVS) ~or~ Be a licensed Aircraft Maintenance Engineer (AME) or certified Aircraft Maintenance Technician (AMT).
* Must review and become familiar with the Maintenance Process Manual (MPM) and demonstrate a basic knowledge of technical airworthiness functions, authority and responsibilities to the satisfaction of the Manager-Planner/Estimator designation.
* Demonstrate a personal commitment to IMP Occupational Health, Safety and Environment policies.Continually focusing on your individual safety and the safety of others who may be affected by your work and to fully comply with all Federal Health and Safety Legislation.
* Participate in Continuous Improvement, Lean & 8S activities in your area.
* Must be eligible to meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and Canadian government security clearances.
Internal applicants please use source code: I am an IMP employee.
IMP is committed to Employment Equity and our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative at all job levels. We welcome applicants from Aboriginal People, Visible Minority Groups, Persons with Disabilities and Women in occupations of positions where they are under-represented. If you are a member of one of the equity groups, you are encouraged to self identify on either your cover letter or resume.