6 months ago
Life at Swoop.
When you work for Swoop, you’re a part of an entrepreneurial startup where nimble, bold, collaborative and digitally-focused are just a few of the words we use to summarize how we roll. Swoop is a wholly owned subsidiary of the WestJet Group (TSX: WJA) but make no mistake, we march to the beat of our own drum. At Swoop, our day-to-day operations are vastly different and deliberately separate, but carefully aligned to complement the big picture strategy of the group.
Posting Open Date: 06/12/2018
Posting Close Date: 06/29/2018 (Please note the posting will close at 11:59pm)
General Qualifications: (the following minimum qualifications are required prior to offer of employment)
• 2000 hours total time
• Legally entitled to work in Canada
• Transport Canada Airline Transport Pilot’s license (ATPL)
• Valid Transport Canada instrument rating
• Valid Transport Canada Category 1 medical certificate
• Oral and written proficiency in English
• Valid Canadian passport
If your passport is issued by a country other than Canada, you will require the following documents:
* A valid Canadian Permanent Resident Card
* All individual visas necessary to operate within the network
* Ability to obtain a Canadian Air Transportation Security Authority (CATSA) Restricted Area Identity card (RAIC). RAIC may be obtained during initial training, but must be valid no later than the completion of Initial Ground School
* Ability to operate into the United States.
First Officer Hourly Rates
Step 1 - $55.83
Step 2 - $69.62
Step 3 - $76.58
* $7,500 cash bonus payable to FOs on each of the 1st and 2nd anniversaries of date of hire
* 13% target Profit Share/STIP
* 10% ESPP, 100% company matched (WJA stock)
* Annual uniform allowance
* Travel privileges on WestJet Group network
* Per Diem $2.50/hour x TAFB
* Minimum monthly guarantee of 75 hours
* Overtime triggered at 90 hours, or if working on a guaranteed day off or vacation day
* 10 Emergency days per year
* Training positions available
What about the Benjamin’s?
At Swoop, we’re committed to offering a fair and competitive total compensation package that starts with a solid base salary, and complemented by perks like performance based profit sharing, a company-matched share purchase plan, flexible group benefits and of course, flight privileges.
We celebrate differences and diversity.
Swoop is an equal-opportunity employer, and our workplace culture is one where diversity and differences are embraced, appreciated and celebrated. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, colour, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expressions, transgender status, marital or family status, disability, age or convictions for which a pardon has been granted.