6 months ago
Apply by Date: Jun 30, 2018
: CA-AB-Calgary, CA-QC-Montréal, CA-ON-Toronto, CA-BC-Vancouver
Job Type: Permanent
Shift: Shift Work
Develop your career with the largest regional airline in Canada!
Let your aviation career take flight! Jazz is looking for professional pilots with a passion for safety to join our award-winning team.
Canada’s Safest Employers 2017.
Canada’s Top Employers for Young People 2017.
Canada’s Best Diversity Employers 2017.
The scope of our operation (*Operational stats effective January 1, 2018).
Approximately 700 daily flights operated.
59 destinations in Canada and 15 destinations in the United States.
10.5 million passengers carried annually.
Fleet of 117 Canadian-made Bombardier CRJ, Q400 and Dash 8 aircraft.
Four (4) crew base locations: Toronto, Montreal, Calgary and Vancouver.
For a look behind the scenes of Jazz’s operation, watch our video ‘Beyond Ordinary’
The total package
Some of the benefits Jazz offers, include:
Compensation: Competitive salary with additional allowances based on number of duty and flying hours completed.
Lifestyle: Our pairings offer a variety of short- and medium-haul routes that can allow you to explore the far reaches of North America or stay closer to home.
Professional Development: This is not a job, it’s a career.
Pilot In Command Under Supervision Program available.
A pathway opportunity to mainline through our preferential interview process with Air Canada.
Development opportunities within Jazz to join our training team, management and more.
Securing your future: Jazz offers a variety of programs to secure your health and financial future.
An Employee Share Ownership Plan that provides an opportunity to benefit financially from the growth and success of Jazz.
A defined contribution pension plan.
A comprehensive health care plan including health, dental and disability benefits.
Personal development: An extensive employee travel benefits program on the Air Canada network.
Our Air Canada connection
Jazz is Air Canada’s largest regional partner and an integral part of Air Canada’s strategy and North American market presence. Jazz is a proud Air Canada Express operator and provides service across North America. Did you know that up to 80% of Air Canada’s pilots are hired from their Air Canada Express partners with the majority coming from Jazz?! Start your career with Jazz and enjoy a faster track to Air Canada mainline.
* Valid Transport Canada Instrument Rating.
* Valid Transport Canada Class 1 Medical.
* Must be able to obtain a Restricted Area Identity Card (RAIC).
* Must hold a current passport at time of hire.
* If you are a Permanent Resident or you have a Valid Open Work Permit, you must be able to obtain and maintain crew visa documentation required to operate aircraft within the USA.
* Must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
* Must have completed a High School diploma.
* Candidates must meet Transport Canada English proficiency standard.
* All applicants shall be licensed by Transport Canada to act as First Officers on 705 category aircraft.
Did you know? You can start the recruitment process as early as 500 hours. Press play on our recruitment process while you build your hours. Start building your application by clicking "Apply Online" on this job posting as soon as you reach 500 hours total time. We want to get to know you! Apply and we will follow your progression in your career and be in touch!
Preference will be given to candidates with qualifications beyond the basic requirements:
* Applicants who possess a Canadian ATPL.
* Applicants with two crew multi-engine turbine experience.
* Graduates from an Aviation College degree or diploma program.
* Applicants with commercial or military flight experience.
* Applicants with Flight Management System (FMS) and/or glass cockpit experience.
* Internal Jazz referral.