about 1 year ago
Apply by Date: Dec 31, 2017
: CA-BC-Vancouver, CA-ON-Toronto, CA-AB-Calgary, CA-QC-Montréal
Job Type: Permanent
Shift: Shift Work
Develop your career with the largest regional airline in Canada!
Let your career take flight! If you are a professional pilot with a passion for flying and consider safety and quality of life as your priorities, then get into our flight deck. Jazz pilots operate approximately 700 flights every day across Canada and into the United States. We carry 10 million passengers a year on our fleet of Canadian-made Bombardier CRJ, Q400 and Dash 8 aircraft. Jazz is Canada’s airline! We operate more flights to more Canadian destinations than any other carrier and have four (4) crew base locations: Toronto, Montreal, Calgary and Vancouver.
It takes just a quick glance at what Jazz offers to realize why Jazz jobs are some of the most sought-after career opportunities in the aviation sector in Canada. Jazz Pilots have a reputation for excellence in customer service and safety. They take ownership by making safety a top priority, focusing on customers, acting with integrity, respecting diversity, celebrating excellence and being environmentally responsible. Please take the time to read more on Jazz to learn about our flying positions and reach out to us as we want to encourage people who are passionate about flying to start the application process with us.
Our Air Canada connection
Jazz is Air Canada’s largest regional partner and an integral part of Air Canada’s strategy and North American market presence. Jazz is a proud Air Canada Express operator and provides service across North America. Did you know that up to 80% of Air Canada’s pilots are hired from their Air Canada Express partners with the majority coming from Jazz?! Start your career with Jazz and enjoy a faster track to Air Canada mainline.
Some of the benefits Jazz offers, include:
Competitive salary with additional allowances based on number of duty and flying hours completed.
An Employee Share Ownership Plan that provides an opportunity to benefit financially from the growth and success of Jazz.
A comprehensive health care plan including health, dental and disability benefits.
A defined contribution pension plan.
An extensive employee travel benefits program.
A career growth pathway as the largest Canadian regional airline.
Jazz is a member of the Air Canada Express preferential interview process with Air Canada.
Pilot In Command Under Supervision Program available.
• Valid Transport Canada Instrument Rating.
• Valid Transport Canada Class 1 Medical.
• Must be able to obtain an Airport Restricted Area Access Clearance (RAIC).
• Must hold a current passport at time of hire.
• If Permanent Resident, must be able to obtain and maintain crew visa documentation required to operate aircraft within the USA.
• Must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
• Must have completed a High School diploma.
• Candidates must meet Transport Canada English proficiency standard.
• All applicants shall be licensed by Transport Canada to act as First Officers on 705 category aircraft.
Press play on our recruitment process while you build your hours. Start building your application by clicking "Apply Online" on this job posting as soon as you reach 500 hours total time. We want to get to know you! Apply and we will follow your progression in your career and be in touch!
Preference will be given to candidates with qualifications beyond the basic requirements:
• Applicants who possess a Canadian ATPL.
• Applicants with two crew multi-engine turbine experience.
• Graduates from an Aviation College degree or diploma program.
• Applicants with commercial or military flight experience.
• Applicants with Flight Management System (FMS) and/or glass cockpit experience.
• Internal Jazz referral.