8 months ago
Looking for a great place to work? A place where an award-winning culture means empowerment, teamwork and a passion for what you do? Then think WestJet. It's a great place to land.
WestJet is an organization recognized by its delivery of a remarkable guest experience resulting in us achieving over $3B in sales. In order for our best-in-class airline to be this successful, we require the skills and talents of professionals like you to ensure our ongoing growth. In an industry that is dominated by legacy competitors, you have the opportunity to build your career with an organization driven by progressive strategies, leadership and practices. If you are looking to break out of the status quo by joining a company with a strong growth plan, which consistently ranks as one of the most profitable airlines in the world, and which has a vision to be a top five international airline, WestJet is the place for you!
Posting Open Date: 11/21/2017
Posting Close Date: 12/05/2017 (Please note the posting will close at 11:59pm)
Reporting to the Base Manager. The performance and support manager is responsible for the delivery of all performance and Support aspects for a team of 200+ Cabin Crew Members. This includes, but is not limited to rewards and recognition, performance management, ability management, career development, employee relations, and health and wellness programs.
• Inform and act as a knowledgeable source for interpretation of WestJet People related Procedures, Policies and Best Practices
• Provide guidance and Support to all Cabin Crew Members
• Support internal and external recruitment in conjunction with the People Department
• Facilitate ongoing one on ones with Cabin Crew Members
• Conduct Performance Management in accordance with WestJet guidelines in conjunction with inflight senior leadership and the People Department
• Provide Career Development guidance to Cabin Crew Members
• Review performance and provide feedback to Cabin Crew Members based on patterns and trends on an ongoing basis
• Investigate and respond to internal and external feedback about Cabin Crew performance
• Develop Modified Work Agreements in conjunction with the Ability Management Team
• Manage Cabin Crew attendance patterns and trends in line with WestJet Policies and Best Practices
• Responsible for developing and supporting excellent employee relations and performance
• Ensuring management processes are in line with the WestJet culture and departmental objectives
• Developing and maintaining a strong working relationship with FAAB
• Builds commitment, pride, honesty, trust and strong relationships among team members
• Clearly articulates and promotes the significance and impact of employee contributions to promoting and achieving team goals.
• Keeps team members focused on their purpose for working together; clarifies and reinforces roles and responsibilities of team members.
• Provides team members with timely, specific, constructive feedback.
• Appropriately acknowledges the positive performance of others.
• Develops others through coaching and mentoring
• Knows when to be creative and take calculated risks in making decisions and solving problems
• Projects credibility and poise in highly visible and/or adversarial situations
• Fosters open and honest communication; actively seeks the ideas and opinions of others
• Describes People Policy information in a clear and concise manner
• Implements change smoothly, and helps others adapt; involves team members in the change process
• Holds fellow WestJetters accountable for increasing guest satisfaction and loyalty
• Anticipates and understands internal/external guest needs
• Coaches others in understanding WestJet’s principles and values
• Ensures that all performance related items are kept confidential
• Ensures that all performance follow up (recognition, constructive feedback, training) is documented appropriately
• 2 or more years leadership experience including performance management and ability management required
• Human Resources degree, diploma or certificate or equivalent years of experience in a people leadership role
• Previous Experience as a Cabin Crew Member will be considered an asset
• Knowledge of WestJet People promises, guidelines and practices required
• 3 - 5 years experience in airline operations an asset
• Proven ability to plan, develop and lead meetings
• Proven ability to provide high level of customer service to internal guests
• Intermediate knowledge of all Microsoft applications
• Able to deal with stressful situations and perform steadily under pressure
• Positive role model, outwardly demonstrates WestJet values
WestJet is Canada's most preferred airline, operating over one hundred aircraft to destinations in North America, Central America, the Caribbean and Europe. We are recognized as a Top Employer in Canada and our more than 10,000 employees work hard to ensure we maintain our position as one of Canada's most respected corporate cultures. With the launch of WestJet Encore, we will continue our steady growth by offering flights and jobs to more cities in Canada.
We would like to thank all applicants in advance for their interest in WestJet. We believe in enriching the lives of everyone in WestJet's world and encourage applications from all qualified individuals. Our ongoing efforts toward evolving total diversity will continue to be the way we do business every day. As owners, we believe in celebrating everyone’s unique skills, perspectives and experiences. WestJet is committed to inclusiveness, equity and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
If you inspire greater creativity and innovation towards reaching new altitudes and meet the qualifications for the position in which you are interested, we welcome you to complete an online application. WestJet is a great place to land - powered by Talent and Growth.
At WestJet, the safety and security of our people and our guests is a core value and at the heart of what we do. As safety and security is a shared responsibility, it is expected that you will utilize safe work practices to ensure your well-being and the safety of others.