7 months ago
Porter Airlines has revolutionized short-haul flying with a warm and effortless approach to hospitality, restoring glamour and refinement to air travel. Porter is an Official 4 Star Airline® in the World Airline Star Rating® and also rated as Best Regional Airline in North America by Skytrax.
The airline currently offers flights to Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal, Quebec City, Moncton, Halifax, St. John’s, Thunder Bay, Sault Ste. Marie, Sudbury, Timmins, North Bay, Windsor, New York (Newark), Chicago (Midway), Boston, Washington (Dulles), Pittsburgh and has seasonal flights to Mt. Tremblant, Que., Myrtle Beach, S.C., Burlington, Vt., and Orlando-Melbourne, Fla.
TEAM: People and Culture
Position: People and Culture Advisor
Reports to: Manager, People and Culture
FUNCTION: Act as a trusted advisor to support the business to achieve its People and Culture strategies and objectives.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Champion P&C initiatives with assigned client groups through consultation, facilitation and coaching directors/managers and source solutions/tools to support their individual and team engagement initiatives as well as overall corporate culture and overall Talent Development plans
* Consult with management on labour relations issues with the goal of developing/transferring knowledge to enhance the expertise of leaders
* Facilitate consistent delivery of critical performance management initiatives including objectives, mid-year/year-end reviews, and disciplinary/performance improvement plans through training directors and managers
* Partner with clients and Talent Acquisition to maximize the effectiveness of structure, roles, and talent to support our people and business strategies
* Support directors and managers to ensure consistency in recruitment and workforce planning practice and meeting our speed to hire/quality of hire targets
* Manager the accommodation and medical processes for the return to work through liaising with manager/directors and employees to support positive relationships and reintegration for the client group
* Lead organizational P&C initiatives and programs (i.e. diversity/inclusion, leadership development, policy development, engagement survey, wellness etc.)
* Actively participate in Porter’s Safety Management System (SMS) including, reporting hazards and incidents encountered in daily operations; understand, comply and promote the Company Safety Policy
* Concern for Safety: Identifying hazardous or potentially hazardous situations and taking appropriate action to maintain a safe environment for self and others.
* Teamwork: Working collaboratively with others to achieve organizational goals.
* Passenger/Customer Service: Providing service excellence to internal and/or external customers (passengers).
* Initiative: Dealing with situations and issues proactively and persistently, seizing opportunities that arise.
* Results Focus: Focusing efforts on achieving high-quality results consistent with the organization’s standards.
* Fostering Communication: Listening and communicating openly, honestly, and respectfully with different audiences, promoting dialogue and building consensus.
* University Degree/Certificate in Human Resources Management or equivalent education
* Working toward a CHRP designation would be an asset
* Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in a Human Resources environment, preferably with experience in a service environment
* Solid experience with a broad range of HR processes, applicable legislative understanding
* Strong employee relations, attendance management and performance management skills
* Ability to negotiate and influence
* Inspire trust at all levels of the organization
* Facilitate solutions to complex problems and situations
LOCATION: Billy Bishop Toronto City Airport
* Post Date March 6, 2018
* Reference ID 34-82-37