10 months ago
The New American Airlines is working hard to create the greatest airline in the world. American is again strong, profitable and competitive. As we build momentum, we are looking for people who want to be part of the vision.
Join us for an internship with endless possibilities.
Looking for a company where a passion for innovation, a culture of teamwork and opportunities for growth are valued and rewarded? You've come to the right place.
The new American is in the business of serving the global travel needs of our customers. At the core of the company is our commitment to each customer and each employee. We are dedicated to developing and delivering what our customers value. Customer-centric planning, innovative marketing, and an exceptional customer experience are supported by a cadre of talented people.
The Undergraduate Intern position is a developmental assignment that provides interns with real-time work projects, leadership development opportunities, as well as an opportunity to learn about the company and the airline industry. Work projects involve assignments that are relevant to American's current business needs and opportunities. Interns are afforded travel privileges enabling them to connect to the international and domestic destinations that American Airlines serves.
The intern will support the Payroll Automation department located at the Rio West Building, Tempe AZ.
Principal duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Assist in the development and documentation of processes and policies
- Assist in the development and implementation of initiatives around process improvement and data cleansing
- Assist in a quality assurance capacity for data and processes
- Assist with accounting job duties which may include: review of accounting statement schedules for accuracy and consistency, preparation or review of journal entries, assist with general ledger account reconciliations
American Airlines Accounting and Automation College Recruitment focuses on providing participants with career growth opportunities, including on-the-job training and the ability to move around the department.
An ideal candidate will meet the following qualifications:
- Currently enrolled in an accredited university as an undergraduate or graduate student with interest in Accounting or Information Systems.
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong work ethic, initiative, and motivation
- Ability to work well in a diverse team environment
- Ability to work under pressure and display flexibility and creativity
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
- Comfortable in Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint
Additional Locations: Phoenix, AZ
Requisition ID: 13024
Nearest Major Market: Phoenix
Payroll, Intern, Accounting, Information Systems, Quality Assurance, Finance, Entry Level, Technology