9 months ago
The Pilot Instructor is responsible for the accomplishment of ground-based training of Air Force C-5 pilots, including instructing and measuring training progress of Air Force crew members who train in the established aircrew training curriculum.
Education and Formal Training:
B.S. or B.A. degree.
Previously qualified C-5 aircraft commander with at least 1000 hours of C-5 flight experience and a graduate of a formal instructor course. Air Refueling (AR) instructor shall be previously C-5 AR Instructor qualified.
· Conducts training using devices such as the Weapon System Trainer (WST), Computer Based Trainer (CBT) and other ground training of pilot crew members in transport operating procedures, including diagnosis and remediation of student problems.
· Maintains a high level of subject knowledge, instruction capability, and expertise.
· Conducts briefings and debriefings and counsels with pilots for the purpose of developing and maintaining a high level of proficiency.
· Performs administrative duties relative to training such as interfacing with using organization, record keeping, monitoring student progress, counseling, training development and maintenance of training programs.
· Provides inputs for courseware corrections and modifications and to update training policies and procedures.
· Flies the WST (as required) to maintain piloting skills.
Knowledge, Skills and Ability:
· Ability to fluently read, write, speak and understand English.
· Ability to clearly relay information, both verbally and written, to others.
· Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from customers.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Ability to obtain SECRET Security Clearance.
· Working knowledge of instructional principles and theories pertaining to aircrew training systems.
· Working knowledge of personal computers and software applications, such as, word processing, spreadsheets and databases.
Additional Website Text
FlightSafety is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.