11 months ago
Porter Airlines has revolutionized short-haul flying with a warm and effortless approach to hospitality, restoring glamour and refinement to air travel. Porter is an Official 4 Star Airline® in the World Airline Star Rating®.
The airline currently offers flights to Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal, Quebec City, Fredericton, Saint John, Moncton, Halifax, St. John’s, Thunder Bay, Sault Ste. Marie, Sudbury, Timmins, Windsor, New York (Newark), Chicago (Midway), Boston and Washington (Dulles), and has seasonal flights to Mt. Tremblant, Que., Stephenville, N.L., Myrtle Beach, S.C., Burlington, Vt., and Orlando-Melbourne, Fla.
FUNCTION: Reporting to the Station Manager - YUL, with daily oversight from the Supervisor, Ramp - YUL; the Ramp Attendant performs ground handling and ramp duties as directed in a safe and efficient manner with minimal amount of supervision.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Ground handling of airline and general aviation aircraft which includes:
* Baggage handling
* Lavatory servicing
* Create and maintain a team environment on the ramp, where every member of the ramp staff acts and feels part of a cohesive unit
* Focus on safety awareness, and training
* Work with all ramp team members creating and maintaining an operationally safe environment
* Ensure that all Porter safe operating procedures outlined in the Porter Ramp Manual are followed
* Participate in troubleshooting of ramp issues
* Actively participate in Porter’s Safety Management System (SMS) including reporting hazards and incidents encountered in daily operations; understand, comply and promote the Company Safety Policy
* Other duties as assigned
* Concern for Safety: Identifying hazardous or potentially hazardous situations and taking appropriate action to maintain a safe environment for self and others.
* Teamwork: Working collaboratively with others to achieve organizational goals.
* Passenger/Customer Service: Providing service excellence to internal and/or external customers (passengers).
* Initiative: Dealing with situations and issues proactively and persistently, seizing opportunities that arise.
* Results Focus: Focusing efforts on achieving high-quality results consistent with the organization’s standards.
* Fostering Communication: Listening and communicating openly, honestly, and respectfully with different audiences, promoting dialogue and building consensus.
* Valid license (or out of province equivalent)
* Ability to obtain and maintain necessary security clearances
* Ability to work on a permanent basis in Canada
* Work rotating shifts including days, afternoons, evenings, weekends, and holidays
* Dependability (must have a clear attendance record and reliable on time reporting for work)
* Applicant will be required to successfully complete training program
* Must be capable of lifting/pushing/pulling up to 70lbs on a regular basis
* Montréal-Pierre Elliott Trudeau International Airport - YUL
* Post Date April 3, 2018
* Reference ID 19-65-49