8 months ago
Porter Airlines has revolutionized short-haul flying with a warm and effortless approach to hospitality, restoring glamour and refinement to air travel. Porter is an Official 4 Star Airline® in the World Airline Star Rating®.
The airline currently offers flights to Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal, Quebec City, Fredericton, Saint John, Moncton, Halifax, St. John’s, Thunder Bay, Sault Ste. Marie, Sudbury, Timmins, Windsor, New York (Newark), Chicago (Midway), Boston and Washington (Dulles), and has seasonal flights to Mt. Tremblant, Que., Stephenville, N.L., Myrtle Beach, S.C., Burlington, Vt., and Orlando-Melbourne, Fla.
FUNCTION: Reporting to the Supervisor, Airport Concessions the Airport Concession Representative is responsible in assisting customers in a timely, friendly and professional manner.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Provide high quality, timely, friendly and attentive customer service
* Responsible for processing payment of food, alcohol/non-alcoholic beverages, and confectionary items to customers in the passenger lounges and employee café
* Responsible for opening/closing the concession area, the Point of Sale system, credit card and debit transactions, and maintaining concessions inventory and display for sale
* Assist with ordering, deliveries, transferring, stocking and storage of goods
* Responsible for checking identification to ensure customers meet the minimum age requirement for the purchase of alcohol
* Maintain a clean, tidy and stocked concession area
* Maintains personal hygiene and professional appearance
* Actively participate in Porter’s Safety Management System (SMS) including, reporting hazards and incidents encountered in daily operations; understand, comply and promote the Company Safety Policy
* Other duties as assigned by the Supervisor or Manager
* Concern for Safety: Identifying hazardous or potentially hazardous situations and taking appropriate action to maintain a safe environment for self and others.
* Teamwork: Working collaboratively with others to achieve organizational goals.
* Passenger/Customer Service: Providing service excellence to internal and/or external customers (passengers).
* Initiative: Dealing with situations and issues proactively and persistently, seizing opportunities that arise.
* Results Focus: Focusing efforts on achieving high-quality consistent with the organization’s standards.
* Fostering Communication: Listening and communicating openly, honestly, and respectfully with different audiences, promoting dialogue and building consensus.
* High school diploma. Must be able to read, write, speak and easily understand the English language; French is a preferred asset
* Smart Serve Certified with one year of experience (customer service/food and beverage or retail)
* Accurate in adding and subtracting, ability to count
* Ability to work on a permanent basis in the country you reside in
* Ability to obtain and maintain a Restricted Area Security Pass
* Experience working with computers and proficient in Microsoft office
* Must be capable of pushing, pulling, lifting, up to 30lbs on a regular basis as well as walking some distances and bending, kneeling and stooping when required
* Work rotating shifts including days, afternoons, evenings, weekends, and holidays(shifts are between 0515 – 2300L)
* Highly motivated, reliable self-starter with ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast-paced environment
* Dependability (must have a clear attendance record and reliable on time reporting for work)
* Professional presentation, well groomed and pleasant manner
* Billy Bishop Toronto City Airport - YTZ
* Post Date January 24, 2018
* Reference ID 63-72-20