12 months ago
Porter Airlines has revolutionized short-haul flying with a warm and effortless approach to hospitality, restoring glamour and refinement to air travel. Porter is an Official 4 Star Airline® in the World Airline Star Rating® and also rated as Best Regional Airline in North America by Skytrax.
The airline currently offers flights to Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal, Quebec City, Moncton, Halifax, St. John’s, Thunder Bay, Sault Ste. Marie, Sudbury, Timmins, North Bay, Windsor, New York (Newark), Chicago (Midway), Boston, Washington (Dulles), Pittsburgh and has seasonal flights to Mt. Tremblant, Que., Stephenville, N.L., Myrtle Beach, S.C., Burlington, Vt., and Orlando-Melbourne, Fla.
FUNCTION: Reporting to the Station manager, Chicago Midway, Ramp Attendants performs ground handling and ramp duties as directed in a safe and efficient manner with minimal amount of supervision.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Baggage handling
* Lavatory servicing
* Preparation of commissary
* Aircraft de-icing
* Create and maintain a team environment on the ramp, where every member of the ramp staff acts and feels part of a cohesive unit
* Focus on safety awareness, and training
* Work with all ramp team members creating and maintaining an operationally safe environment
* Ensure that all Porter safe operating procedures outlined in the Porter Ramp Manual and followed
* Participate in troubleshooting of ramp issues
* Actively participate in Porter’s Safety Management System (SMS) including, reporting hazards and incidents encountered in daily operations; understand, comply and promote the Company Safety Policy
* Miscellaneous tasks as requested
* Concern for Safety - Identifying hazardous or potentially hazardous situations and taking appropriate action to maintain a safe environment for self and others.
* Teamwork - Working collaboratively with others to achieve organizational goals.
* Customer Service - Providing service excellence to internal and/or external customers (passengers).
* Initiative - Dealing with situations and issues proactively and persistently, seizing opportunities that arise.
* Results Focused - Focusing efforts on achieving high-quality results consistent with the organization’s standards.
* Fostering Communication - Listening and communicating openly, honestly, and respectfully with different audiences, promoting dialogue and building consensus
* Valid Illinois State driver’s license a clean drivers abstract
* Ability to obtain and maintain necessary airport security clearances
* Ability to work on a permanent basis in the USA
* Work rotating shifts including days, afternoons, evenings, weekends, and holidays
* Dependability (must have a clear attendance record and reliable on time reporting for work)
* Applicant will be required to successfully complete training program
* Must be capable of lifting/pushing/pulling up to 70lbs on a regular basis
* Chicago - Midway International Airport (MDW)
* Post Date September 2, 2016
* Reference ID 06-62-51