9 months ago
When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of UTC Aerospace Systems. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us.
Our Seating Systems is recognized as a leading designer, developer, and manufacturer of a broad spectrum of aerospace specialty seating products. Our state-of-the-art business jet seats are showcased on regional, business, major OEMs, and custom private aircraft. Our portfolio includes proprietary products designed specifically for Pilatus, Embraer, Dassault, Bombardier, Gulfstream and custom customers such as Airbus, Lufthansa, and Jet Aviation. We recruit the best talent and use the best processes to solve some of the industry's greatest challenges - safely, ethically and responsibly. We are looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team. How our people perform is as important as how our products operate.
This is a level II position that applies chemical conversion and primer coating of aircraft components under direct supervision and performs routine and repetitive painting and processes. The person must be self-motivated and can work independently or within a team.
* Applies chemical conversion coatings and paint to components and frames
* Performs routine and standard tasks with minimal assistance
* Follows standard work or blueprint instructions
* Contacts material handler or planner if shortages exist or incorrect parts are in bins
* Participates in all team stand-ups
* Abides by UTAS safety guidelines and seeks to eliminate EH&S safety risks and hazards
* Adheres to all UTAS rules and codes of conduct
* Provides continuous improvement ideas in order to support lean and ACE initiatives
* May perform other job duties as required and available for overtime as necessary
* Focus on compliance with requirements and satisfying customers by achieving “zero defect” quality.
* Reads and understands English
* Operate hand tools, sanding tools, and measuring equipment
* Ability to read blueprints with minimal supervision
* Basic computer skills
* Ability to mix and monitor chemical baths and apply a primer coat
* Willing to perform any task necessary to ensure the on-time delivery of the product to the customer
* Willing to cross-train and work in all areas of the painting operation
* Ability to work in a team environment
* Willing to perform hand and body warm-up exercises to minimize the potential for repetitive motion injuries
* Ability to lift up to 40 lbs.
* Must be able to work in a standing position up to 8 hours per day.
* One year of relevant painting capability
* Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen
* High School Diploma
* Years of experience in lieu of education: Two years
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.