7 months ago
• Prepares aircraft surfaces for painting by cleaning, scraping, sanding and then treating the metal with alumiprep and alodine.
• Applies aerodynamic sealer, and masks the aircraft using tapes and paper products (to protect windows, seals, struts, cables, etc.) in preparation for the paint process.
• Mixes, blends and thins paint products, per the manufacturers’ maintenance manual specifications.
• Applies paint to the aircraft interior and exterior surfaces. (Paints include: urethanes, acrylic urethanes, enamels, lacquers and epoxy paints.)
• Interprets specifications, color sketches, and instructions and plans sequences, and times the paint operation. This includes mixing ratios, surface preparation, papering and masking, drying time, number of coats, etc.)
• Maintains painting supplies and equipment, including spray guns, air hoses, pumps, paper, and tape.
• Documents all work accomplished (a.k.a. sign-off) in a clear, concise and accurate manner.
• Responsible for knowing, understanding, following, promoting and continuously improving company policies and procedures.
• Works fair share of overtime and travels to customer locations or other Standard Aero facilities as required.
• Observes all safety, environmental and general housekeeping rules and policies.
• May perform other duties as required by the department
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• One year related experience preferred.
• Knowledge of all types of paints and thinners preferred.
• Is able to minimize rework through proficiency in paint preparation and application.
• Must be eligible to work in the US.
• Must be able to lift up to 75 pounds, walk, bend, stretch, and climb ladders.
• Must have the ability to manipulate equipment of all sizes, tools, computer keyboards, and telephones.
• Must be able to see to disassemble and visually inspect.
• Must have excellent hand-to-eye coordination.