about 1 year ago
The Painter performs painting on company aircraft parts and aircraft while providing general support to the Paint Shop.
* Select paint according to company requirements and match colors of paint following specified color charts
* Mix paints to match color specifications, then stir and thin the paints, using spatulas or power mixing equipment
* Remove grease, dirt, paint, or rust from aircraft in preparation for paint application, using abrasives, solvents, brushes, blowtorches, washing tanks, or sandblasters
* Monitor painting into spray guns and adjust nozzles and paint mixes for proper paint flow and coating thickness
* Sand aircraft surfaces between coats of paint or primer to remove flaws and enhance adhesion for subsequent coats
* Disassemble, clean and reassembly sprayers and power equipment, using solvents, wire brushes, and cloths for cleaning duties
* Spray prepared surfaces with specified amounts of primers and decorative or finish coatings
* Dispose of hazardous waste in an appropriate manner
* Other duties as assigned
* High School diploma or equivalent required; college degree through a technical/vocational school is preferred
* Experience with aviation or automotive painting
* Ability to perform painting duties utilizing basic hand tools and paint equipment
* Proven technical/mechanical knowledge of machines and tools, especially their design, uses, repair and maintenance
* Ability to use and effectively navigate ERP program, time clock, and company intranet
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Proven ability to utilize maintenance manuals to determine effective solution for painting requirements
* Manage time to effectively meet company priorities
Return to Administrative/Other Openings
Dynamic Aviation Group, Inc. offers a competitive salary and an excellent work environment. No calls or agencies please. If you have any questions or are having difficulty submitting your information, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dynamic Aviation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal Employment and Reasonable Accommodation
Drug and Tobacco Free Workplace