7 months ago
This hourly, non-exempt position requires an advanced knowledge of the paint process. The job includes varying amounts of general mechanical applications as listed below. Job duties will vary each day and are designated by the Paint Manager.
→ Make sure masking is complete.
→ Sand primer if necessary.
→ Blow aircraft and clean with thinner.
→ Wash paint booth.
→ Apply top coat (three coats).
→ Layout stripe scheme and mask for trim colors.
→ Prep and scuff paint for trim paint.
→ Re-mask aircraft and detail aircraft.
→ Inspect complete paint job.
→ Paint mixing.
→ Any other job-related duties as assigned by supervisor or management.
* High school diploma or equivalent.
* Vo-tech school in paint or on-the-job experience required.
* Minimum of five years aircraft paint experience required
* Self-motivated, able to work unsupervised and maintain a rapid pace.
* Quality oriented.
* Must perform all work in accordance with Federal Aviation Administration guidelines.
* Assist with painting, painting base coat and layout.
* Follow all company and safety rules during performance of duties.
* Maintain customer oriented work habits.
* Other technicians in paint department or other departments.
* Paint Manager.
* Company sales representatives.
* Physical Requirements
* Able to lift and carry at least 50 lbs.
* Routine walking, bending and squatting or sitting.
* Work standing on ladder or scaffold.
* Pass pulmonary physical prior to employment.
* Pass respiratory fit test, as you must wear protective gear.
* Mental Requirements
* Understanding and implementation of regulations and guidelines including but not limited to OSHA, Hazmat, etc.
* Ability to logically work with mechanical processes.
* Ability to work with others in a professional manner.
* Good communication skills.
* Will work under supervision of Paint Manager.
* May be directed to supervise other paint department personnel in some capacity.
* Working Conditions
* The majority of work will be accomplished in a heated hangar or shop area.
* Work in aircraft on ramp may occur.
* Varied positions in and around the aircraft.
* Equipment Used
* Air equipment, polisher and sander.
* Stripper pump, electrostatic paint guns, pressure posts, wand and laser level.
* Tugs, power carts and other engine powered equipment.