4 months ago
The Training and Professional Services P-8A Poseidon Training programs in Jacksonville, FL are looking for a full time system design and integration engineer to support the state-of-the-art US Navy P-8A Mission Training Devices. The program is responsible for installing and integrating P8 training devices for the US Navy at facilities located in Jacksonville, FL and Whidbey Island, WA. Candidates will belong to a systems engineering team interacting with customers, suppliers, program management, integration and test engineers. The team is also supporting the design and delivery of the P-8 aircrew trainers to the Royal Australian Air Force.
This program provides a wide variety of opportunities for career growth in engineering, leadership, and direct customer interactions. Frequent travel to Jacksonville, Florida and various other Boeing, customer, and supplier sites within and outside the US may be required on a regular basis at peak times during integration, test, and verification of current project products. The successful candidate will:
· Develop and document systems-level architecture and design.
· Develop and execute systems-level integration plans.
· Support program and supplier requirement and design reviews.
· Perform hands-on lab integration of multiple software / hardware products and configurations.
· Prepare and publish contractually required integration procedures / documentation.
· Install a wide variety of software products, and conduct troubleshooting on interface of installed products.
The selected applicant will be a member of a high-performing, collaborative team and must be self-motivated with a strong work ethic, excellent time-management, and interpersonal skills. This program utilizes a scaled agile process to support all aspects of product development. The applicant will be expected to actively help the team to continuously improve and develop innovative and creative solutions to products and processes.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Training and Professional Svcs
Relocation Assistance Available
Yes. Available for eligible candidates, if authorized.
This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
· Experience with hardware and software integration
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
· Preferred candidates will have experience in development of systems architecture and design, integration of simulated systems, and experience with US Navy Maritime Patrol Aviation assets (P-8A, P-3, HS-60, etc).
· Security+ certification, or familiarity or experience with IT, networking, or Information Assurance is also desirable, as well as experience working in an agile framework.
· Systems engineering experience preferred including the use of Boeing standard tools to include ClearCase, ClearQuest, DOORS, BORIS, Windchill, VersionOne and other common tools. Security+ certification
Yes, 25 % of the Time
Contingent Upon Program Award