3 months ago
Boeing Training and Professional Services, located in St. Louis, MO, is seeking a P-8 Systems Engineer to serve as the Training Systems Technical Proposal Lead for all P-8 training systems programs, including the USN, Royal Australian Air Force, India, and all future FMS & DCS customers.
The P-8 Training Systems Proposal Lead responsibilities include:
* Lead P-8 Training Systems proposal activities across all customers.
* Develop and maintain training device roadmaps
* Lead proposal development including the development and documentation of planned technical approaches
* Manage supplier interfaces and support SM&P in the coordination and oversight of key suppliers
* Forecast Device availability for future & current contract requirements
* Responsible for the documentation of the Basis of Estimates, Trade Studies, SSOWs, and BOM/PBOM
* Provide technical leadership to a team of proposal and supplier engineers
* Support internal, customer, and supplier program reviews Consults with customers in clarifying requirements by reviewing business process needs
* Analyze change requests, customer issues, develop estimates, determine risks and alternative solutions
* Develop supplier/subcontract strategies, including performance improvement & cost reduction initiatives to create a high performing supply base.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Training and Professional Svcs
Relocation Assistance Available
No. Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit.
Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelor's 14 or more years' experience, Master's with 12 or more years' experience or PhD with 9 or more years' experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
The successful candidate will have considerable skills and experience in the leading the activities of proposal development and supplier management. The successful candidate will also have the ability to leverage existing technologies, resolve cross-functional issues, and support projects from RFP to PO.
Extensive familiarity with leading proposal development with engineering teams is preferred. This position involves frequent interaction with customer partners and suppliers and will require occasional travel to installation sites, suppliers, and other Boeing facilities.
Current security clearance
Experience leading proposals
Supplier statement of work development
* Experience with customer and supplier negotiations
* Experience with US Navy Maritime Patrol aviation assets (p-8A, P-3, HS-60, etc)
* Experience with proposal development
* Experience with training systems development
* Experience with proposal scheduling, tracking, and coordination with engineering teams providing inputs
* Experience with CAPRS
* Experience with GOLD
This position requires an active Secret U.S. Security Clearance. (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active.)
Yes, 25 % of the Time
Contingent Upon Program Award