3 months ago
Inclusion and diversity are fundamental to our culture and success. Achieving our common vision depends on people with diverse backgrounds working together. Who knows - your unique point of view could be the key to our next groundbreaking idea. We’d love to explore that possibility!
The Optical Engineering group in Westford MA is looking for a full-time entry-level Optical Engineer. This position will help set-up, collect, and document lab optical tests in support of production and IRAD projects. These tasks include, but are not limited to, optical alignment, interferometry, resolution and MTF testing. In addition to hands-on lab support, the engineer will be asked to perform optical analysis, computer programming, and technical documentation tasks to support our on-going programs. On a day-to-day basis, the engineer will work alongside one of our five degreed optical engineers.
* Able to work well in a team environment.
* Eager to learn new skills.
* Able to solve problems independently.
* Willing to help plan, organize and execute short duration tasks.
* Able to give technical presentations
At ISR & Space Systems we design world class high altitude electro-optical sensors employed by the U.S. and foreign military in time critical intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance operations. Our passion for the Warfighter and their mission demands excellence in everything we do, from the talent we recruit to the highly-engineered systems we deliver. We value and trust our people, their integrity, ideas and performance. With singular clarity, our focus is providing true intelligence in real time to key decision makers.
* 0-2 years of experience
* MS Office (PowerPoint, Word, Excel, etc.)
* ZEMAX or CODEV optical design software (used in projects)
* Optical alignment of Cassegrain telescopes and off-axis parabolas.
* MetroPro or 4Sight metrology software.
* Matlab, Python, or MathCad software
* Ability to work in a team environment
* technical documentation skills and a willingness to learn
* Strong verbal & written communication skills
* Ability to work in a fast paced environment
* US citizenship is required, with the ability to obtain a DOD security clearance
Do you have what it takes to push the boundaries of game-changing technologies, deliver results while working with a diverse team of talented individuals, and challenge yourself knowing that what we do matters to the Warfighter? Are you Mission Ready? This job is for you!
* Pursuing Bachelor's in Optical Engineering - graduation by Dec 2018 or Bachelor's in Optical Engineering with 0-2 years of experience or
* Bachelor's in Engineering or Physics w/ 2 years' experience (preferred in the optics industry)
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.